The Eternal Tomb | Teen Ink

The Eternal Tomb

August 10, 2014
By TheKawaiiDeku BRONZE, Wallington, Other
TheKawaiiDeku BRONZE, Wallington, Other
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
Are you going to kiss me or do I have to lie to my diary?


Her heart did not beat and no air entered her lungs. She was held still, immobile by the cold, hard grip of death. Trapped. Encased within the own boundaries of her physical body, doomed to forever be raging silently amidst the cold of the graveyard and the dead bodies within.

Sometimes she'd be consumed by the utter stillness of her surrounds, and stop fighting. It was in these moments that her brain raged, filling her head with questions she no longer had the power to answer. Was this the eternal end everyone looked to? That some sought to quicken? Or had hell simply invented it's own, unique punishment for her?

She'd forget things, over time, and falsely remember others; some days she was convinced she's never lived at all. Her name and history had been lost long ago.

At the beginning she would count the seconds, but as they turned into hours and days and no end to this torment appeared in sight even at the end of the longest tunnel, time ceased to be. There was only the present, and the delusions it brought.

But she could still remember thuds of the soil as it made impact on her chamber, sealing her fate as soundly as the final nail in the coffin. Someone had closed her eyes, perhaps thinking her peacefully sleeping in eternal slumber, but this had only served to cut her off from that most essential of senses and heighten the rest. She could hear the worms, wriggling through the dirt, the bugs crawling and gnawing at the wood that was all that protected her from their pillaging. She dreaded the day the barrier would give way, when the vultures would descend upon her, unknowing and uncaring whether their pray could still feel the flesh as it was bitten off her bones.

The people were little better, as they so coldly sliced the blade through her flesh like she hadn't been a living, breathing human being. All the rationalities that could have been formed in her brain had she been sane weren't even the smallest of thoughts, and as they peeled back her flesh to peer into the darkest visible recesses of her body, as they ripped out her heart to give to another, she despised them with a passion that overwhelmed any feeling that had formed during her waking moments. Silently she cursed them, screaming silently though not a nerve of her body twitched, comforted only by the thought that they would too one day join her in this abyss of nothingness, this space devoid of all life.