Mad House | Teen Ink

Mad House

By nomad0182 SILVER, Milton, New Hampshire
nomad0182 SILVER, Milton, New Hampshire

“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon

You awake to find yourself in a room. The room is pitch black, and the air is stale. You have no recollection of how you got here... or who you even are. You roll to the side on the lumpy mattress and feel around on the floor beside you hoping for some clues, you feel on the floor a torch, batteries, and a pocket knife. You pick them up and put the batteries in the torch. You turn the torch on and shine it around the room, you see a door at the other end of the room with a note nailed to it. You stand up and walk cautiously toward the door. You look at the note and see it reads: “Welcome to the MAD HOUSE!!!” You feel shivers rush up your spine as you read it. You stand near the door, trying to process everything that is happening.

This is the beginning of a story that I don't really plan on finishing, but I thought I might as well submit it.