Kingdom of Blue

She slowly walked along the beach and a wiped the salty spray off her gentle face. Nothing could deter her from the path she led and she did not look back once as she waded deep into the sea. The waves lapped around her and she took a deep breath and dove under the freezing kingdom of blue. Her body soon went limp and the waves carried her seemingly lifeless body across the ocean. The dress that she had been wearing when she had given up her short life was ripped from her breathless body in one single, enormous wave. Her now naked corpse floated along the icy death trap as the day was lost and the night reared its dark head.

A young woman walked along the stretch of sand by the sea and pondered on her life. As she thought, the dead body of the girl floated by her. She looked shocked, but clearly was worried for the girl who she assumed was alive. The young woman waded into the water and picked up the body and checked its pulse. She took a sharp intake of breath as she realised that this girl was no longer alive. As she began to lay the deceased being down she noticed the beautiful dress that had belonged to the corpse, floated along the shore. She splashed back into the freezing water and pulled the dress on to dry land. Not wanting to disturb the dead body’s souls the young woman dug a sandy grave and respectfully buried the dead stranger......

bethboo13 said...
i love this it was amazing as is everything you write!!!!!!!

The Author said...
Thanks, Lolalady!Yes, this is a book called The Dress I an currently working on it...I hope to get it published!
Im glad you enjoyed my story, it's the prolouge for The dress!

Lolalady said...
Wow! Is this a real story?....I have to know how it ends.