It's in the Blood | Teen Ink

It's in the Blood

By TDevil BRONZE, Oakdale, Pennsylvania
TDevil BRONZE, Oakdale, Pennsylvania

"Don't be pushed by your problems, Be led by your dreams"

The Town is in ruins and it’s all my fault. If only I hadn’t angered the council. I hid some of the families in my secret cellars. Of course I didn’t hide them where my family heirlooms are. The council was merciless. They destroyed everything. I wish I would of figured out their plan for revenge earlier.

They called a town gathering to have breakfast. Halfway through, the council members started to talk to each person alone. I realized that the town’s people were coming out covered in blood. I went to the opposite side of the hall and started to evacuate families. I gave each family one of five cellar locations. After I got about thirty families out, the council started to notice. I slipped away and checked on the families. At each location I made sure they had everything they would need for at least two weeks. Then I sealed the door and went to my home. Elena was waiting for me so she could seal the door. That was four days ago.

Today, I went out to see what was going on, only to find nothing. The
“Tyler, Shut Up! I’m trying to watch TV,” Shouted Fawn.
“Sorry Fawn. But don’t you want to hear about our town’s history from Julie instead of the history textbooks, we all know are edited?” asked Tyler.
“Not really Tyler, I want to watch this,” she said.
“Come on Fawn, please? It’s just Looney Toons. Plus we can record it,” he whined.
“Fine, but I get to read. Your voice is too monotone. Where did you stop?” she asked.
“Um… After the,” he stated.

town was gone. The council had set fire to our homes. I had to force myself to continue. I searched for anything that survived the destruction. I went back empty handed and was shocked to find Elena in Justices lap cuddling with him. I sealed the door again and sat down. A few hours ago, someone knocked on the door. Everyone stiffened and I motioned for everyone to get in a single file line. As the moved into place, I went over to the left wall and opened another door leading into a huge room. I made sure everyone had everything then sealed them in. I went back to the main door an answered the knock with a code only our allies would know. I was answered with the knock of a name… Damon. I swung open the door and threw myself into his arms. He was alive! Damon was here with me and safe. He told me the council had tortured him and deprived him of blood; trying to get information out of him. He told me they had used Kool-Aid infused water on his ropes. I love him so much.
“Fawn! Don’t stop now. It’s starting to get really interesting,” exclaimed Tyler.
“I can’t continue Tyler, it ends,” she explained.
“What?! It can’t end there. I skimmed through the entire journal earlier. There were words from cover to cover,” Tyler said.
“Well there’s not now. Look for yourself,” Fawn said.
Tyler snatched the journal from Fawn’s hands and started flipping through the pages rapidly.
“Tyler, if you need me I’ll be in the kitchen ordering pizza for dinner.”
While waiting for the pizza place to pick up, Fawn stared out the window. As she turned around to look at what she needed to order, she saw movement outside. She placed the order then went outside.
“Hello? Anyone out here?”
She waited for an answer but didn’t hear anything.
“Great, now I’m imagining things.”
“Fawn!”
Fawn ran back to the living room and stopped to catch her breath.
“Tyler, what’s wrong?”
“Fawn, why are you so out of breath, the kitchens not that far.”
“You scared me. Now tell me what’s up.”
“I won’t be able to explain it very well. You should look for yourself.”
She took Julie’s journal and flipped through the pages. As she got farther into it, she realized that words were appearing on the pages. She started again, thinking her mind was playing tricks on her. As she got back to her page, there were more words then before.
“How? I don’t understand. It’s as if the words are being written by someone,” stated Fawn.
“I think this book has powers,” blurted Tyler.
“What do you mean Tyler? It’s not like Julie was a witch. It’s impossible,” she asked.
“I mean, that when I skimmed it a few hours ago it was full of writing then when you were reading the words were gone from half the book. Now the words are reappearing as if someone was writing them while you’re holding the book. Don’t you think that a little bit odd? We should take it to Jeremy and see what he says.”
“Ok, let’s go then. We need to get back before seven though.”
They shut off all the lights and grabbed their cell phones. As they got to the car Fawn ran back in and grabbed her purse. They drove for about forty-five minutes before either of them said a word.
“Ty? I don’t think we should do this. What if…”
“Fawn, Calm down. We have to do this. We need answers and plus, we’re almost to Jeremy’s.”
Fawn didn’t reply but sat back and tried to relax. They arrived fifteen minutes later and got out of the car. Tyler hugged Fawn to help boost her confidence then led them up to the front door. He rang the doorbell and they waited for about ten minutes before giving up. They decided to walk around back and see if he was there. They both knew Jeremy couldn’t hear anything from his back yard. Tyler stopped Fawn as they started around the corner and pulled her into a bush. Jeremy was talking to a woman. Tyler motioned for Fawn to follow him and to do it quietly. They stopped and listened to what was being exchanged.
“How long till they figure it out? I don’t want them to be pulled into my world Jer. It’s too dangerous. “
“I know, I know. I’m doing everything I can to keep them from reading the rest of your journal. I don’t want them pulled into it either. I’m surprised they haven’t found Pyrodemous.”
Fawn and Tyler walked back to the front and knocked on the door again. Shortly after, they heard Jeremy shout from the back. They ran to the back and found him picking up broken glass.

“Jeremy, what happened?!” Fawn exclaimed.
Tyler just stood there awkwardly. Jeremy looked between them surprised.

“Oh, nothing. I just dropped a glass.”

“That’s weird Jer. You never drop anything.” Tyler stated.

“I know. I don’t feel too good today. I think I need to lie down.”
Fawn helped Jeremy inside while Tyler finished picking up the glass. Fawn led Jeremy to the couch, and then waited for him to get settled. After making sure he was ok, she got a washcloth and soaked it in cold water. As she walked back into the room she heard Jeremy talking on the phone. She cleared her throat and waited. Jeremy ended his call and layed back down. Fawn put the washcloth on his forehead, just as Tyler walked in. Fawn looked up and saw that he had bloody hands. She ran over to him.
“Oh my God, Tyler. What happened?!” she exclaimed.
“The glass cut me, but I’ll be fine. Jeremy’s our number one priority. How is he?” he answered.
“He’s ok and you’re right. We need to focus on him and find out what he knows.” She agreed.
“How though Fawn? Do we tell him about we discovered about the journal? Or do we act like we’re completely oblivious and are just curious?” asked Tyler.
“I think we should try option two first Ty. If we don’t get the answer we want, we’ll try option one. Agreed?” she asked.
They walked over to Jeremy and found him sleeping. They sat and waited for him to wake up. A few hours later, Tyler’s phone rang. He answered it and walked away. Ten minutes later he came back.
“That was Valerie. She was wondering what time I’m picking her up tonight. I told her Six Thirty,” He stated.
“Ok. I’ll call mom and have her bring me stuff for the night. Have fun,” answered Fawn.
“Thanks. Are you sure you want to stay? I’m going home,” Tyler stated.
“I’m sure Ty. I’m really worried about Jeremy. He’s burning hot. I’ll see you tomorrow, ok?” she explained.
After Tyler left Fawn went to the kitchen and started to make dinner. She went to check on Jeremy while the soup simmered. She walked into the living room to find him sitting up wiping red stuff from his mouth. The woman he had been talking to earlier was sitting next to him. Fawn stood frozen. She finally broke the silence.
“Jer are you ok? I’ve been so worried. Who’s the woman and how’d she get in? All the doors are locked,” she asked.
“Fawn calm down. I’m fine and this is Julie. She got in with the key I gave her,” Jeremy explained.
“Fawn, I know that you have many questions and so does your brother. But the answers will put both of you in grave danger. You need to decide if you’re willing to risk your life,” Julie said.
“Julie, I understand your concern for me and I’m willing to risk my life. I can’t live in the dark anymore. I need answers,” explained Fawn.
“ok well first off, I’m a vampire. I drink blood and go out in the sun. I’m a hundred and fifty years old.”
“Whoa. Wait, I thought vampires couldn’t go out into the sun?” Fawn asked.
“That’s just a myth Fawn. I’ve known Julie for many, many years,” Jeremy said.
“Anyways, Fawn you need to be really careful. There are vampires that will kill you because you know this. Before I continue, you need to promise me you’ll be careful,” Julie said sternly.
“I promise Julie. I don’t want to die before Prom or before I even had my first date,” Fawn explained.
“Good. Wait, you haven’t had your first date yet?” Julie asked.
“Yeah,” replied Fawn.
“We need to fix that. Right Jeremy?” Julie said.
“I’m not getting into this Julie. I value my life too much,” he stated.
“Julie, I appreciate your concern but I want guy who’ll love me as I am,” thankfully responded Fawn.
“Oh I know. I also know that a certain person likes you for just that reason. He’s just too scared to ask you out,” Julie said mysteriously.
“You mean Tobias?” Fawn asked.
“Yep. That’s the one,” Julie replied.
“How do you know that?” questioned Fawn.
“Let’s just say I questioned him last week while I was a substitute history teacher,” She answered.
“That was you? But you look nothing like her,” quizzically replied Fawn.
“Yes. I can change my appearance if I want to. That’s how I’ve been able to survive this long,” Julie replied.
“That’s cool,” exclaimed Fawn.
“ It is isn’t it? Anyways, if you just show interest it will boost his confidence,” Julie explained.
“Really? Did he tell you that?” asked a happy Fawn.
“Yes. Now back to business. Jeremy would you please go get the book?” asked Julie.
“Of course Julie, I’ll be right back,” he replied.
Fawn and Julie waited as he went to get the book. Julie finally broke the silence.
“Fawn before I show you the book, I need to tell you something,” she stated.
“What is it Julie?” asked Fawn.
“I’m your mom. I had you and Tyler after I was turned. I had to give you up because I was being hunted,” she replied.
“I thought vampires couldn’t have kids,” stated Fawn.
“Only a few of us can and it’s because we’re witches we can. My powers are stronger than Jeremy’s,” answered Julie.
“ Jeremy’s a warlock? That’s so f****** cool!” Fawn exclaimed.
Jeremy walked back in carrying a big stack of books. He set them down on the coffee table and collapsed back into the big arm chair.
“There you go Fawn. These should answer any questions you have,” he said with a yawn.
“Thanks Jer. Julie can I keep these here until we know Ty agrees to the terms? Also, could you take me home? I’m really tired.” asked Fawn.
“Of course sweetheart. Let me grab my keys,” she replied.
“Oh and Jeremy, your dinners ready. It’s still on the stove,” added Fawn.
“Thank you. I’ll see you tomorrow ok,” he replied.
Julie drove Fawn home and dropped her off. Fawn found Tyler sitting at the kitchen table crying. Not only was it the first time he was crying in front of her but his eyes showed fear.
“Ty what’s wrong? Is everything ok?” she asked.
“Fawn….. our parents are dead,” he replied through sobs.
“What?! What happened?” she asked through tears.
“They went out on a date and ended up getting shot by an escaped murderer. What are we going to do Fawn? Where will we go?” Tyler asked.
“Well, we’re going to pack a couple suitcases and some food, then go to Jeremy’s. He’ll help us,” Fawn replied.
They went upstairs and packed their stuff up. Then Fawn went to the Kitchen and packed a few boxes of food to take to Jeremy’s. As they finished up packing Tyler’s car, they heard the doorbell ring. Fawn went and answered it. It was a police officer that was to take them to the station. When they arrived, the chief of police had them sit down in his office. He told them that their parents had left them everything.
“So you’re telling us that they paid off the house, the cars, and any debt they had?” Tyler asked.
“Yes. Everything is in order. In fact the money they left you is being transferred into your accounts as we speak,” stated Chief Legend.
Tyler continued, “How much did they leave us? It can’t be that much. Can it?”
“Actually, Each of you has inherited sixty million dollars,” replied Chief Legend.
“Sixty million dollars! That’s not possible. Our mom didn’t work and our dad was just a manager,” exclaimed Tyler.
“Tyler, shut up. Obviously it is possible so stop interrogating Chief Legend,” interrupted Fawn.
“Thank you. Now, do you have someone to stay with for a few months? I don’ want you to have to be in the house alone so shortly after your parent’s death,” questioned Chief Legend.
Fawn answered, “Yes, Jeremy Gwendolen. He was a good friend of our parents.”
“Great. Can you please call him and make sure he’s ok with it?” stated Chief Legend.
Fawn dialed Jeremy’s home number and waited. Finally after her second try Julie answered.
“Hello?”
“Hi Julie, is Jeremy home?” Fawn asked.
“Yeah, hold on,” replied Julie.
Fawn heard Julie wake Jeremy up and tell him that she was on the phone.
“Fawn what’s wrong?” he asked.
“Our parents were killed and we need somewhere to stay for a few months. We were wondering if we could stay with you,” she explained.
She put the phone on speaker so everyone could hear his response.
“Of course you guys can! Are you guys at the police station? Do I need to come get you?” he asked.
“Yes we are and no we’ll be ok Jer. Thank you for offering though. We’ll call you if we get to emotional. Ok?” replied Fawn.
“Ok, see you in a little bit,” he replied.
Tyler drove to the Starbucks down the road and waited while Fawn ran in. She handed Ty his drink and he continued driving. Fawn broke the hanging silence twenty minutes from Jeremy’s.
“Ty, if Jeremy was to tell you that the answers we want would put your life in danger, would you still want to know the answers?” she asked.
“Are you really asking me that question Fawn? You know I live for adventure,” Tyler replied.
“Ok. You brought the journal right?” she asked.
“Of course I did. I want to ask Jeremy about it,” he replied.
They lapsed back into silence for the last five minutes. When they got to Jeremy’s they sat for a few minutes in silence. Then Tyler got out and started unloading the car. Julie ran out and pulled Fawn into to a hug as she got out of the car.
“Oh my God. Fawn, I’m so sorry,” she said.
“It’s alright Julie. At least we still have you guys,” mumbled Fawn.
Jeremy came out and helped Tyler carry the stuff in. Julie and Fawn went to the living room and sat down. After a few minute, Julie went to the kitchen to make tea. Jeremy and Tyler joined Fawn a few minutes later. Finally Julie came back and gave everyone a cup of herbal tea. She broke the silence.
“So, Tyler. How much has your sister told you?” asked Julie.
“Nothing much. She just asked me if I would want to know answers if it put my life in danger,” he replied.
“Ah. Well that’s good. Julie would you like to tell him or should I?” asked Jeremy.
“Go for it Jeremy. Unless you want me too,” replied Julie.
“Ok. Well…. To start off Julie here is the owner of the journal you’ve been reading. Now you want to know how she’s lived so long. She’s a vampire. And yes she drinks blood but she can also eat human food. She’s also a witch and your mother. Any other questions?” He asked.
“Yes. If you’re a vampire, how were you able to have Fawn and I?” Tyler asked.
“I was able to have you, because like Jer said, I’m a witch. That enabled me to cast a spell that allowed me to have kids,” Julie replied.
“Ok that makes sense. So, what happened to all the people mentioned in your journal. Like Damon, Elena, and Justice,” asked Ty.
“Elena and Justice are still alive but Damon was killed. I was a lost soul after that. Then I met your dad. He is like a reincarnation of Damon but the opposite in so many ways,” she replied.
Tyler turned to Fawn.
“Why didn’t you tell me we were adopted? I mean, we share everything Fawn,” He asked.
“I promised I wouldn’t tell you because it would put your life in danger. I didn’t want to risk your life without your permission,” replied Fawn.
Jeremey interrupted.
“Guys let your mother finish. We have a lot to tell you, but we can’t tell you if you’re bickering.”
“Thank you Jeremy. Now why don’t you make yourselves comfortable before I start. Jer will you go get the book again?” Julie asked.
Fawn and Tyler made themselves comfortable and waited for Jeremy to get back. Finally he came back with the huge stack he had brought out earlier. Except this time it was twice as big. He set it down and made it into two piles. He put one in front of Fawn and the other in front of Tyler. When he sat down, Julie started to talk.
“You’re probably both wondering what kind of information is contained in these books. Am I right?” she asked.
Fawn and Tyler both nod their heads yes.
“These books contain info about the past and what you were like as babies before I had to give you up. Both of you have powers and will be able to use them when you figure out who your father is. Anyways, I will answer any questions you have so far, so ask away,” she stated.
Fawn started, “Can you tell us who our dad is or do we have to find out by reading the book?”
“Either way will unleash your powers,” replied Julie.
“So, who’s our dad Julie?” asked Tyler.
“I am Tyler,” answered Jeremy.
“Really?! That’s awesome. Why did you keep your distance from us though. If we didn’t know you were our dad we wouldn’t be in danger would we?” asked Tyler.
“We had to keep our distance because we weren’t sure if you would be in danger or not. We wanted to protect you as much as possible,” replied Julie.
“Oh. That makes sense. Will you have to leave us mom or can you stay now that we know?” asked Fawn.
“I can stay. Plus, now Jeremy and I can get married and ‘adopt’ you guys,” she replied.
“Really, you guys are going to get married? That’s great guys, I’m really happy. We can be a real family again,” stated Fawn.
“Yes a real family. We really missed being in the same house as you guys. Fawn sweetheart, will you help me find my dress? I’m going to need a girl’s opinion,” Julie asked.
“Of course I’ll help you mom! I’ve always wanted to help someone find their wedding dress,” exclaimed Fawn.
“Great. Now off to bed you two. It’s late and your father and I have wedding plans to start,” stated Julie.
They went to their new rooms and fell asleep quickly. Jeremy and Julie talked for a while then checked on them. Before they started making wedding plans, Julie put spells on the house to protect them. When she got back to the living room, Jeremy pulled her into a dip. Then he danced with her till midnight. They went to bed and woke up early to make pancakes. Fawn and Tyler came downstairs and found bacon and pancakes waiting for them. They sat down and ate quickly. After they cleaned up, Julie announced that they were going to the adoption place in a half hour to get the adoption paper work. Fawn and Tyler dressed quickly and they left twenty minutes earlier than planned. When they got there the lady handed them the paperwork and asked to talk to the kids.
“Alright dearies. A few questions. Do you know these people? Do you like them?” she asked.
Fawn answered for them.
“Yes we know them. They were good friends of our parents before they died. They’re nice and we love them. We couldn’t ask for nicer people to adopt us.”
“Ok, if they pay today they can be your parents by tonight. I can arrange for a judge to see you later this afternoon to finalize it. Of course if it works with your schedule,” she said.
They went back out and told them what the lady had said. Julie started crying from happiness and hugged them. Jeremy finished the paper work and went back to the counter. He paid and arranged to meet the judge. He walked back to them and told them what time they needed to be at the courthouse. They got into Jeremy’s car and headed to the mall. Julie took Fawn to the dress Shoppe’s and the guys went to the sports store. At 4:30 they met at the car and headed to the courthouse. The adoption was finalized and they went out to celebrate.
“Mom, what should I get? I can’t decide,” Fawn asked.
“Well sweetie, what are you trying to decide between?” Julie replied.
“The Country ribs or the Caesar salad,” she replied.
“The ribs here are really good so I would go with the country ribs. But’s that’s just me,” responded Julie.
“Dad, what’s your job? You never talk about it,” asked Tyler.
“Well son. I work for the pharmacies because I can make medicines really quickly and easily,” replied Jeremy.
“Ok. That’s just plain awesome. Will I be able to do that too? Or will I be suck with farting flowers or something” Tyler asked.
“Honestly I don’t know. Everybody is different. You could have a mixture of your mom’s and mine or you could end p with only one of our powers,” Jeremy responded.
“Jer sweetie you’re forgetting he could have completely different ones too,” added Julie.
They finished dinner and went home to bed.
The next morning Fawn woke up to Tyler shaking her shoulder.
“Ty, go away,” she whined.
“Fawn come on get up. We’re going to be late for school,” he stated.
She jumped up and dressed hurriedly. She threw her hair in a pony and did light make up. They hopped in the car and found lunches waiting for them. They got to school and saw that everyone was looking at them like they were kicked puppies. The teachers were even nice and didn’t give a lot of homework. Even though the staring annoyed them, they put up with it to bring down the homework. A few days later, a new group of students arrived and were practically in every single on f their classes. The group contained four girls and six guys. Normally Fawn and Tyler would have been the first ones to greet the new comers but they gave them a bad feeling.
One day at lunch one of the new girls asked Fawn if she could eat with her. Fawn moved her stuff and introduced herself. The girl told Fawn that her name was Galaway. Fawn showed her around the school and asked her if she would like to come over and study with her. They set up a time and Fawn gave Galaway her address. Galaway arrived a few minutes earlier and knocked on the door. Julie answered and invited her in.
“So, you must be Fawn’s new friend Galaway. It’s so nice to meet you. She told me you just moved here. Where’d you move from?” asked Julie.
“I moved here from Romania. My parents got sick of the food there. My siblings hate it here though,” replied Galaway.
“Hath fon dosh te hanna baya toca?” asked Julie in the secret vampire language.
“Sith con ganna dornne cornith saya,” Galaway answered.
“Ah. Would you like something to drink?” Julie asked.
“Yes please. If you don’t mind. I like it any way,” responded Galaway.
Julie went to get her drink and a few minutes later Fawn came down.
“Galaway! You’re here. Where do you want to study? In my room, the living room, the kitchen?” asked Fawn.
“Anywhere is fine with me. Where do you want to study? It’s your house,” Galaway replied.
“Ok. Um…………. Let’s study in the kitchen. That way if we get hungry we won’t have to hike to get food and drinks,” answered Fawn.
Julie came back and handed Galaway her drink. Fawn led here into the kitchen and spread out their study material.
“So where do you want to start? We can do mythology first, then science and math or we can do math, science, and then mythology. It’s up to you,” stated Fawn.
“ Let’s start with mythology first,” replied Galaway.
“Ok, what’s the name for a person who is really pale and supposedly allergic to garlic?” asked Fawn.
“Vampire right? Then a werewolf is a person that changes during a full moon and can only die by silver bullets,” Galaway responded.
“Correct. Great job Gal. Is it ok to call you that?” Fawn questioned.
They studied for a few more hours before stopping. Julie drove them to the movies to see Divergent. Later that night on her way to pick them up for a sleepover, Julie saw a group of people staring at her. She tried to look normal and kept driving. She picked the girls up and distracted herself by asking them questions. When they got back home, Julie made them ice cream sundaes and homemade pizza. When Tyler got home he walked into the living room to find the girls dancing.
“Um………” he said while he turned away blushing.
“Tyler you’re home!” exclaimed Fawn.
“Yes and?” he asked.
“We thought you weren’t coming home today,” she replied.
“I wasn’t supposed to but I need to talk to my family alone. It’s about a certain thing,” he replied.
“Oh. Um…. Galaway you wouldn’t mind if I left you alone for 30 minutes would you?” Fawn asked.
“Oh no. I can tell it’s something serious and I wouldn’t want to intrude. Take your time,” she responded.
Fawn got Julie and Jeremy, and then met Tyler in the kitchen. He told them how he had been confronted by a couple that called him Jeremy. The couple kept insisting that he was Jeremy and that he had to help them. Finally they left and went into an apartment building across the street.
“Son what did they look like?” asked Jeremy.
“The man was tall with black hair and bright green eyes. He was very skinny and pale. The woman was tall too but she had blond hair and turquois blue eyes. She was pale and had an accent,” replied Ty.
Julie and Jeremy looked at each other and got up. They walked out of the room and came back with their coats on and the car keys.
“Ty sweetheart can you show us where you were and what building they went in?” asked Julie.
“Of course mom,” he replied.
Fawn went back to the living room to find Galaway crying. She ran over and pulled her into her arms. She called her parents and they ran in.
“What’s wrong? Is she ok?” Jeremy asked.
“I’m sorry guys. I should of known my parents had a different motive for moving here. I feel so stupid. I don’t want anyone else to get hurt,” sobbed Galaway.
“What do you mean sweetie?” asked Julie.
“I heard everything Tyler said. He described my parents perfectly. I think they’re looking for Halfling kids. They say they taste better than human and vampire kids do,” she replied.
Julie and Jeremy exchanged looks of concern.
“Jer we have to protect our kids. We have to do something and quickly,” exclaimed Julie.
“I know Jul Bear. Let’s go,” Jeremy replied.
They left with Galaway and had Fawn and Tyler stay home. They told them to lock al the doors and windows and don’t let anyone or anything in. After they left Fawn made sandwiches.
Galaway took Jeremy and Julie to her apartment and invited them in.
“Make yourselves comfortable. I’ll go get my parents,” she stated.
She left the room and they could here her talking in another room. A few minutes later she walked back in followed by the people Tyler described.
“Hello. Welcome to our home. We’re so glad you’re here Jeremy. Oh, who’s this Gal?” stated Galaway’s mom.
“That’s Mrs. Gwendolen,” she replied.
“Oh how great! We’re so happy for you. Any kids?” her dad exclaimed.
“Yes, and that’s why we’re here. We are concerned that you may be after them. You were both aware hundreds of years ago that we were a couple. In fact you were both invited to our wedding,” stated Julie.
“You got us. You’re children’s blood is very magical due to their half-breed. We thirst for it,” replied her dad.
“It doesn’t matter Caleb. You’re our friends and you’re going after our children. We will stop at nothing to protect them,” angrily responded Julie.
“We’d like to see you try and stop us,” replied Caleb.
Julie and Jeremy got up and left. They went straight home and found their kids sleeping on the couch. They carried them to their rooms and put them in bed. They went downstairs and shared blood. The next morning Jeremy woke up feeling really thirsty. He went to the kitchen and drank three containers of blood. The kids went to school and sat with Galaway and her siblings. They all told them they would help protect them from their parents. That night when they got home they found Galaway’s parents waiting for them. They ran to Tyler’s room and bolted the door shut. Soon they heard a banging on the door. Caleb was telling them to come out and face them like adults. Fawn broke one of Tyler’s wooden chairs and set up a spike barricade behind the door. Julie and Jeremy got home and found the living room a mess. The n they heard Fawn scream and they ran upstairs. The fought Caleb and Tina and killed them. Fawn was leaning over Tyler’s body and was crying. Julie ran over and picked him up. She drove him to the hospital and asked to see Dr. Kyle.
While Tyler was in surgery, Julie talked to Kyle.
“Is he going to live?” she asked.
“I’m not sure Juls. It’s tuff to say…. He lost a lot of blood,” he replied.
“Will being half vampire help him at all Kyle? I mean it should, shouldn’t it?” questioned Julie.
“That’s the thing, because he’s half vampire we don’t know what human characteristics he has and what vampire ones he has,” Kyle replied.
Kyle left and went to get Tyler’s room set up and Julie called Jeremy and gave him the update. Fawn was sleeping and woke up the next morning to find Tyler sitting in the chair next to her bed. Except he was drinking what looked like blood and was extremely pale. Downstairs she could hear their mom crying and their dad trying to comfort her.
“Ty, you’re ok!” she exclaimed quietly.
“I’m more than ok Fawn. I’m Fantastic. I’ve never felt so great,” he replied.
“Do mom and dad know you’re home?” she asked.
“No, and it’s going to stay that way. They think I’m dead,” answered Tyler.
“Why would you want to keep your existence from them? They’ve sacrificed themselves to keep us safe,” stated Fawn.
“I know but I don’t want to be kept safe anymore. I want to go explore the world before I kill you guys. It won’t take too long. Maybe a couple years,” he explained.
“Wait, kill us? But we’re your family Ty!” she exclaimed.
“Not anymore. My creator has given me new life when mom was counting on the vampire half of me to pull through as I was dying,” he replied.
“Ty, that’s not fair to us. She was hoping that you could get better before changing your life forever. Give us one more chance,” whined Fawn.
“Sorry Fawn. I can’t. Not now, not ever. I’ve chosen my new life and you guys aren’t a part of it. Now if I were you, I would get all your stuff in order then go check off your bucket list as fast as you can. You only have a year or two to live,” explained Tyler.
Fawn Interjected.
“Ty, please. Think of everything we’ve been through together. We’ve always looked out for each other. I mean, I helped you ask out Valerie,” she stumbled.
“That was in my old life. See you in a year or two Fawn,” he said over his shoulder.
He jumped out the window and disappeared into the morning fog. Fawn laid back in her bed shaking. The last thought she had before falling back to sleep was, what are we going to do?

I wanted to be creative and write something others would enjoy.