The Beast In The Shadows | Teen Ink

The Beast In The Shadows

November 21, 2008
By Anonymous

Moonlight flickered down through the leaves, making small orbs of light on the floor, illuminating the path for the animals of the inght and those unfortunate enough to be followed. The orbs' perfectly round shapes were distorted as feet stamped across the loose soil. He looked abck and saw it gaining on him. He was truly terrified of the creature, for he had no idea what this beast was, but he kept going, driven by the small beam of hope of making it out alive. He was like a deer, caught in the headlights of some unknown driver, stuck by it's fear. Only if he knew where he was going, some clue to get him out of the maze of trees that twisted up until the treetops pierced the sky. He was reaching the outskirts of the trees now, and he sprinted away at the lit meadow outside the field. He was no more then ten steps away when the ground underneath him gave way,. As he plundered down, he realized that his life is gone, that this was just a trap. His body hit the jagged stones at the bottom, shredding his skin. His bloood seeped out from the gashes made by the stones, and the last thing he saw was the beast that lurked in the shadows leaping down to feed on him.


The author's comments:
I currently in 8th grade at Lutheran South Academy in Houston, Texas and i will graduate in 2013.