The Monster Inside | Teen Ink

The Monster Inside

By goosemonster7 BRONZE, Klamath Falls, Oregon
goosemonster7 BRONZE, Klamath Falls, Oregon

I heard the sirens from the distance as they came closer I just sat on the floor holding my best friends. You could see the color draining from her face and the light disappearing in her eyes. When the police barged through the door I was covered in my best friends blood, as tears ran down my face. The paramedics took her away in the ambulance, I was left to get questioned by the police. They asked me what had happened and automatically I was scared. Going through the events that happened earlier that night I started at the beginning. My friend Emily had arrived to stay the night around 6:30 since my parents were out of town she stayed so I wouldn't have to be alone. We stayed up watching horror movies, and listening to music. My dad worked for the FBI so I knew always keep the door locked and the windows shut, Except I had forgotten that night since I was with Emily. We were upstairs when we heard a loud noise I assumed it was one of the guys messing with us so I paid no attention to it. Emily went down stairs to get us some soda out of the fridge and when she didn't come back I panicked. I ran down the stairs and all the lights were off(which was weird since I remember leaving them on). I heard something moving in the shadows and saw someone run pass me and out the door. I turned on the light and Emily was on the floor with a knife in her stomach. I screamed and ran to her side, she was gasping for air and I didn't know what to do. Her blood was all over me once I took her in my arms. It was weird because it was sticky and really gross. I must have woken the neighbors since the police arrived but it took them 30 minutes to get there. I was thinking the perpetrator must have thought Emily was me and tried to kill her. It made me nervous since the person could have come back and kill me. Then when I was done with my story the police asked me if I knew who the person was or if I had a clue who it was. I apologized several times and said “It was so dark I could only see the person faintly.” I was still crying when they lead me down to the station I wasn't safe even in my own home. Their was a possibility I was the target and got my friend killed. I couldn't stop crying no matter what I did. An hour after I got to the station the police man wearing a badge that read lieutenant. I knew it was bad news since he came up with a sad expression on his face. Everything after he said Emily had died was a blur. I didn't want to talk and I didn't, no matter what they did I refused to talk. I couldn't trust anyone not even the police, all I knew was I had a target on my back and a killer on the loose. I only had 3 suspects that was Jake (A creepy man who was talking to us online that night), Sam (A pizza delivery guy that came to the house.), and Michael (Who was obsessed with me and Emily ). I had no idea who it was and didn't know where to start. I don't know what I should do, what do you think?
I could kill them all hoping it was one of them, Try to forget it and run away from my problems, or have an investigation and figure out who it was. You decide.