A life for a Life | Teen Ink

A life for a Life

March 25, 2014
By goosemonster7 BRONZE, Klamath Falls, Oregon
goosemonster7 BRONZE, Klamath Falls, Oregon
4 articles 1 photo 0 comments

My name is Lily Hemway I have blue eyes blonde hair and light pink lips. I was staying with my Sister Mandy at her apartment after our father was killed a month early. The police said he committed suicide, but I know he would never. I am 16 years old and my life from here on out would never be the same. I met James the first day of school, he was kind of creepy and didn’t seem normal. Everywhere I went I noticed he would be there too, I just thought it was a coincidence until he started showing up at my home. I never wanted to walk alone or leave the house at night, I always kept the doors locked during the night. I was home alone one night and my sister was out of town for business. It was a stormy night and my friend Crystal was staying over because she knew I was afraid to stay alone. We heard a knock on the door, so I went to look when I looked no one was there. I walked back to the couch and sat down and someone knocked again. I got up and saw James’ face through the window I screamed to Crystal and she came running to my side. He was trying to get into the house so we ran upstairs and locked ourselves in my bedroom. I pulled out my phone and realized I didn’t have any cell service. We heard loud footsteps pounding up the stairs he was screaming out my name opening every door he passed. We had nowhere else to run we were cornered, he yelled “COME OUT, I KNOW YOUR IN THERE!” We refused to open the door, but that didn’t stop him he kicked the door down and come running in. He was holding a knife that I assumed he got from the kitchen and ran up to Crystal. I threw myself in front of Crystal and James’ stabbed me with the knife repeatedly in my stomach and I fell to the ground. James’ took off running as Crystal bent down towards me, I began to lose consciousness but I remember her running down stairs to chase him and the last thing I heard was James’ begging for his life. I knew my life was over but so was his the justice had been served but I was sad that I would never know what happened to Crystal.