The Slaying Taco | Teen Ink

The Slaying Taco

By Adhitya Balaji BRONZE, Greenwood, Indiana
Adhitya Balaji BRONZE, Greenwood, Indiana

There once was a taco named Cornelius. He was made on Friday the 13th and had been stuffed with beef and nacho cheese. The thing the maker at Taco Bells didn’t ¬¬realize is that since he was in a rush to leave the store and get home is that he had slit his hand and exactly six, not seven, but exactly six drops of blood had landed on Cornelius. The maker also left the knife stuck through the taco. Thus Cornelius was born.

A few hours later after Cornelius was born his reign of terror had started. Taco Bells had just started for the day when the very first customer had ordered a Dorito Loco Taco. The cook at Taco Bells was freaking out since they had just opened and their “fresh” shipment of vegetables and meat hadn’t come in. He then remembered that he had made a taco last night which just happened to be Cornelius. When the cook went into the storage room and started looking for Cornelius. The cook later found Cornelius but was surprised to see blood around the spot Cornelius was. The cook then served Cornelius to the muscular man in the brown leather jacket and blue jeans with huge rips in them. A few minutes later the muscular man walked into the restroom and never came out. When the waiter went over to ask if the man wanted anything else he wasn’t there…but his taco was and it looked like he never ate it. The waiter then walked into the restroom and saw the man’s feet in one of the stalls. He knocked on the stall door and got no response. He waited a few minutes and then tried opening the door it was unlocked. When he walked into the stall he found the muscular man lying in a pool of blood. The waiter quickly ran out and called 911. A few minutes later the police was there with the homicide investigation team which was a special task force part of the Crime Scene Investigation unit. The police ruled the cause of the death internal bleeding and no sign of foul play.

Two hours later a tall, burly, muscular man walked up to the counter and said, “Hello I am Detective Alfonso with the New York Police Department. I am here because we would like to know the cause of the internal bleeding. Is it alright with you if my partner Detective Hector and I inspect your storage room?” The cashier then replied, “I will have to ask the Manager I will be back in a few minutes, watch the counter for me.” The cashier then walked around the counter and jogged into the manager’s office. After waiting 20 minutes and seeing no sign of the manager or the cashier Detective Alfonso told Hector to watch the counter. He walked towards the office’s door and stood there listening for any sound. Alfonso tried to listen for any noise but couldn’t hear anything. Alfonso then drew his gun out and kicked down the door. When he surveyed the room he found the cashier and the manager dead and lying on top of each other in the corner. Alfonso quickly rushed out of the room and grabbed his handheld walkie-talkie and called out to Hector and yelled, “Hector we’ve got a 201 I repeat a 201.” A 201 is a double murder. Once the police got there they did a quick sweep of the room. After waiting three hours the autopsy report finally came in. The autopsy stated that the victims had died of two bullet wounds to the head and cut up intestines. The problem was that there was no visible cut mark. Wait, there was still more the lab techs had decided to check what they last ate in case they had been drugged and then shot. The drug test came back negative but there was a particular thing they realized. Both of the victims had eaten a taco in the last 30 minutes before they died…the same taco that Taco Bells was special for.

The next day the SWAT team had gotten a warrant and was about to enter but Taco Bell hadn’t opened for the day yet and the door was locked. The bomb squad also showed up because the SWAT wanted them to check the outside before they went in. They had found 40 bombs, two tripwire set to explode when you got in the area, and 10 hidden bombs on each door to blow up when you opened the door. The bomb squad made everyone back away and put up the riot shields. They later had a robot go through the door and disarm all of the bombs. The robot had made a mistake and only disarmed two of the 40 bombs. All of sudden the SWAT team heard a beeping noise coming from inside of the store. Detective Hector then screamed out and said, “Alright I’m done waiting I am going in I can’t wait anymore!” Detective Alfonso cried out, “Hector don’t do anything stupid that could endanger yourself!” Of course Hector was adamant in his ways and didn’t pay heed to any of Alfonso’s advice. He broke down the door using the Enforcer which was a modern battering ram. When he broke down the door there was a really loud sound that anyone in a five mile radius could hear. The SWAT team then locked riot shields and hid behind them. The whole store then blew up after the siren had suddenly stopped. Alfonso rushed forward to find out if Hector was still alive. When Alfonso finally found Hector after searching for three hours. He was stuck in a closet and was barely breathing. There was a large piece of shrapnel stuck in his throat and arms. Alfonso called out for a medic and an ambulance. Hector refused any medical treatment. He weakly moaned, “Tell my wife and children I love them.” Hector then gasped and died in Alfonso’s hands.

They later found a man in the corner bleeding heavily and admitting he had killed all those people and made Cornelius for just the purpose of murder. The man said that management had been horrible to him and his family. He was just trying to get revenge by ruining Taco Bell’s business. He said that if they took him in then his family would avenge his arrest. The man’s family had a bad background full of drugs and violence. This wasn’t the first one in the family to go to jail. He then said to just let him die here and he would say how he killed the victim’s. He started to test his method on the first two victims by poisoning the taco so bad that it weakened the inside intestines and cut them. Then while they were in the bathroom the man would walk in and either shoot or slit them. That is how most of the victims had died. He was done after killing the manager and cashier but as a precaution had rigged the store up. When the police came in he got scared and accidentally tripped and cut his forearm. After the man had told his motive and story he died. The police closed the Case of the Slaying Taco and assumed Cornelius’ reign of terror was over or was it…we may never truly know whether Cornelius was killed or not. Just take extra precaution when you go to Taco Bell…especially stores in Indiana.