Found | Teen Ink

Found

By DarkCities6 SILVER, Andover, Massachusetts
DarkCities6 SILVER, Andover, Massachusetts

"Wit beyond measure is man's greatest treasure." -Luna Lovegood

The adrenalin was pulsing through my veins as I speed on. Escaping was the only thought on my mind. I could his footsteps behind me gain twice the distance than mine. I felt along the wall for something, anything, but the flat wall of the long narrow hallway. The further I went along the darkness got impossibly darker. I could hear him calling, each time a little closer, “You can't escape me, not this time.” 'Not this time' echoed through the hall. I remember the first time as if it was yesterday. We meet while I was on spring break as a freshman in college. My friends and I took a trip to California, and while we were out partying I meet him. He offered me to go back to his place, being very drunk at the time I accepted. After I got to his place he gave me a drink that he had drugged and when I woke up I was in a dark place tied up. Luckily my friends had found me. Since then he hasn't left me alone. Suddenly I felt the sharp corner, and quickly turned on to another hallway. As I heard him coming close to the corner I found a door. I seized the handle and tried to turn it. At first it wouldn't budge but then I felt the jerk of the handle turn. I quickly and quietly made my way into a small room. I shut the door as quietly as I could and quickly assessed the room. There was a window high up towards the window. The moon cast a steam of light into the room. There were boxes stacked everywhere, with fragile labeled on all of them. The walls, floor and ceiling were all made of concrete. I crouched behind a large cluster of stacked boxes and tried to quiet my breathing. I couldn't hear his footsteps from my hiding stop but from what I can imagine they'll be close now. Maybe he didn't take the turn and find the door I tried to reassure myself. My thought was crushed when I heard the door handle turn and his heavy footsteps enter the room. His breathing was heavy from all the running. “Come out, come out where ever you are. I know your in here. You can't hide from me forever. I'll find you.” I held my breath so that he wouldn't hear me. He searched the room looking for me. As he paced the room I could see the gleam of the knife in his hand. His patience was running thin until he finally cracked and pushed over one of the boxes. There was a crash, as whatever was contained in the boxes shattered to the floor. I picked up one of the pieces that landed by my feet, from what I could see the floral pattern represented a design of the teapots my mom used to collect as a kid. It was silent while I looked at the pieces. Then he started yelling, “God Damn it! Why can't you see that I love you! I do all this for you! B****!” He pushed over another box but this box was in the stack that I was hiding place, revealing where I was hidden. “Looks like our game of hide and seek is finally over,” he said with a smile on his face. This caused me to drop the pieces I had in my hands. He walked towards me slowly. I was frozen all I could do was stare and his sick face, his grin never fading. “Get up,” he said once he was standing over me. I still couldn't move. “Get up you b****!” He said louder, and kicking me as he said it. I fell backwards stretching my hands out behind me to catch myself, cutting them as the landed in the sharp shattered teapot pieces. The bent down and grabbed my shirt by the collar and pushed me hard up against the wall. I screamed in pain as my head bashed against the wall behind it. “Listen to me when I speak to you!” He pulled me off the wall and pushed me into again. Again I screamed in pain. As tears started to roll down my eyes he put the knife up to my neck. I could feel blood dripping from where he held the knife. He released my shirt and used his hand to gently wiped away the tears rolling down my face. “Don't cry love,” he whispered, “I'm not going to hurt you.” Then he leaned in gently and kissed my lips. I refused to kiss him back. When he pulled away he looked me in the eyes and said “I will always find you.”