Ten Minutes | Teen Ink

Ten Minutes

February 12, 2014
By inthecorner919 BRONZE, OAK HILL, Virginia
inthecorner919 BRONZE, OAK HILL, Virginia
4 articles 0 photos 2 comments

Once there was a rich family who had a big house. A big house with a basement, a ground floor, a pool in the backyard, a second floor, and an almost hidden attic. Pretty average for a house in the neighborhood. The family consisted of a father, a mother, a sister at the age of 10, a brother at the age of 7, and a little sister at the age of 4. It was a holiday on a Monday but the parents were still called to work that day. The parents were reluctant to leave their children at home so they called a babysitter to look after the kids. Normal, it happens, so what is so special about this situation? The babysitter forgot to come and robbers broke into the house.

The robbers searched the house for a while, keeping the kids on watch in the living room. The robbers found nothing. They got aggravated and they started to break things but then they had a better idea.
They took the older one aside and asked her “where do mommy and daddy kept all their valuables?” She had no idea what they were talking about. The oldest sister mulled over it for 10 minutes but could not think of anything.
The robbers got impatient again and told her “look around the house and if you find anything with any value at all, bring it back to us. Every 10 minutes you make us wait we will kill one of your siblings.” She tried. She really did. She had no idea what they would want so she chose a big, antique vase on the second floor. The oldest daughter wasted time in her endeavors to drag it to the stairs. She tripped on the stairs and fell with the vase and got three long and deep gashes on her leg, arm, and head. 10 MINUTES WERE UP.
Horrified at what the robbers did, she continued her search for whatever would make the robbers go away. She staggered up the stairs, already becoming dizzy from blood loss. She went into her parent’s walk-in closet and accidentally bumped into the wall. The bump on the weak wall made the ceiling crumble down into the closet – the sister barely made it out in time. The robbers went to check the sister because of the loud noise. For the sake of their sick “game” the robbers forced the sister into the attic. 10 MINUTES WERE UP.
The attic was a dusty place, chock full of vents and hidden passageways; so many that if somebody was not careful, they could get lost. The now only child wandered about the area, the loss of blood not making it any easier. She followed a rabbit (that’s what the hallucinations took the form of) to a big, not so dusty, door. Inside the room were locked chests, heavy barrels, jewelry boxes, compact safes and precious family heirlooms. The robbers, noticing that the girls 10 minutes were almost up, tracked her into the room. They knew instantly that they had hit the jackpot and the girl was of no more use to them. To waste the last few minutes, they poured alcohol on the child’s cuts. That was torture to her. Pure fire ran through her body. She felt as if she would explode with grief and pain. 10 MINUTES WERE UP.
The most wretched of the robbers simply picked her up, and dropped her frail form. When she landed there was a definite *CRACK*. Again he picked her up, just to drop her. Againagainagainagainagainagainagainagainagainagainagainagainagain………………. This lasted for 10 minutes until the girl was spared with death to join her siblings.
That evening the parents got home from work at the usual time. They did not find their fortune or the robbers. They did find their children in that room meant for fortune . The parents, so stricken with grief, did not last 10 MINUTES after seeing the corpses of their true fortunes.


The author's comments:
*If you don't like this kind of stuff then just leave this page!*
I realize that this is pretty dark. Maybe it is because I have been reading too many creeypastas lately:/. The leader's backstory from "Angel Beats" inspired me to write this. I recommend watching Angel Beats because it is depressing yet feel-good at the same time; plus there is a bunch of action and comedy in it too. (Strange combo but it is hard to explain because there are so many feels in that anime) Just watch it.
For the paranoid: Don't let this activate your paranoia because (this sounds doubtful) robbers are not going to do this kind of thing. If one were to walk in on a robbery then there is a 98% chance that the robbers will run with their tails in-between their tails. A robber once broke into our house when we were still at home, and guess-what? He got out with only $20