THE UNFINISHED BUISNESS | Teen Ink

THE UNFINISHED BUISNESS

December 9, 2013
By gliterpixisticks BRONZE, Stockton, California
gliterpixisticks BRONZE, Stockton, California
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Romeo and Juliet? no thanks I prefer me and you"
"Strangers think i'm quiet, friends think i.m out going, and my best friends know i'm completely insane !"


It had been ten years since the tragic event of Darcy Greens husband getting killed in an alley way in Paris. She sat there thinking of what were some signs she should have noticed that her husband William was not on the right path. Darcy also wondered about what would have happened to her if she wouldn't have agreed with taking the place of her husband in his ‘dirty business’ she calls it. She had to because William was dead and he had left her with his unfinished business. There was a hard thump on the front door; it was her therapist they quickly sat down and got started with the session. Darcy’s therapist swung the golden clock back and forth back and forth back and forth.
*
*
*

Darcy wakes up by the sound of the alarm clock. She smacks it with her hand and rolls over to see William.

“Good morning love,” says Darcy.

‘”Good morning beautiful,” replied William.

“Hurry up William. Get up or else were going to be late for work,” murmurs Darcy in a sleepy voice. “Wait wait wait come hear.”

“What’s up?” asks William.

Darcy asks, “Was that scar always there?”

“What are you talking about?” replies William.

“Do you think I’m blind?” says Darcy. “That one right there on your jaw line”

“I really don’t know what you’re talking about Darcy,” answered William.

“Wait let me see do you have make-up on it? Here, let me see,” says Darcy.


“NO!!!” hollered William, smacking Darcy’s hand away from his face.

Darcy hollered back “I just wanted to see!”

“I already told you it was there before we got married,” answered William.

Darcy replied very aggravated, “First you never mentioned that before and I never noticed it maybe it’s because you put make-up on it. No wonder I run out so fast.” Darcy added to that, “Where did you get it and how?”

“You don’t need to know that dear,” replied William
*
*
*.
I don’t know why William got so aggravated when I noticed his scar. I’m not good with mysteries. I am a successful young business woman named Darcy Green or Mrs. Green for those who work for me. I’m too busy for William’s little mystery games, but I’m not going to stress about it he’ll eventually tell me sooner or later.
*
*
*
“HURRY UP WILLIAM,” yelled Darcy. “You’re taking forever in the bathroom!!” Darcy opened the door and stomped into the bathroom.
“You know there’s something called knocking Darcy!!!” hollered William.
“You know we’re something called married William!” Darcy said loudly.
“Even after I discovered your little mysterious scar you still try to hide it from me !?” said Darcy.
“The bathroom is ready honey,” replied William as if nothing ever happened.
*
*
*

Oh my lord that is what drives me crazy about William; we would have an argument and then out of nowhere he’ll act like nothing happened and he’s all calm. I wonder about him sometimes. He is becoming more and more mysterious and with the whole secret scar situation I wonder about him even more. I sat on my bed and I grabbed the picture of us on our wedding day and I sat there thinking is there something wrong here? Is he hiding something from me? All these questions were in my head. It was as if I regretted marrying him. I didn’t know where this feeling was coming from. I still love him I thought to myself. I snapped out of my zoned- out self when I got a phone call.
*
*
*


Darcy answers the phone very politely, “Hello”

On the other end was Darcy’s best friend from high school, Eva. “Hey Darcy!”

“Oh hey Evelyn!” replied Darcy.

“Call me Eva. We've been best friends since high school and still every time I talk to you I have to tell you CALL ME EVA,” Eva said.

“Ok, Eva, what is up?” says Darcy.

“Wait what’s wrong Darcy you sound worried or something,” says Eva.

“It’s nothing it’s just that I’m a bit stressed that’s all,” replies Darcy.

“What are you stressed about you’re a wealthy woman that lives in Beverly Hills and owns her own business,” says Eva.
“It’s just William he is acting so mysterious and its driving me nuts!” replied Darcy.
“What did he do?” asked Eva.
“He’s just uh!!!” says Darcy. “I’ll talk to later,”
“Ok talk to you later,” replied Eva.
*
*
*
After that phone call I realized I was running really late for work so I ran out the door; dressed and all with my shoes in my hand. I saw William getting in his car he quickly ran over to me and gave me a good bye kiss on the cheek. I arrived at work and it was jam packed full of people and a group of them came over to me and asked me for my auto graph that day I have to admit to have signed more autographs than contracts.

I went home and William welcomed me with a nice congratulation for my new phone company that I had launched. He had brought me some Chinese food. We ate dinner like we usually do every single day. After that we went to bed.

*
*
*



After that Darcy falls asleep rapidly. William takes advantage that Darcy falls asleep very rapidly to make his phone calls. While he was on the phone he was walking back and forth on the porch very nervously. He was constantly looking over his shoulder and looking around. Even though he was alone he still spoke in a very low voice. He was so nervous he started breaking a sweat and all of a sudden…the call ends and he turns as pale as a ghost. It seemed as if he were about to faint. He ran inside with his phone clenched in his hand, scared for his life. He fell to the floor in his living room and pulled his knees to his chest repeating over again “we have to get out we have to get out, we have to get out” with a quivery voice. He ran up the stairs and clutched his laptop and slipped into bed trying not to wake up Darcy. He searched the web and typed in “www.Expedia.com” and looked up flight for Paris. He found a flight for 12 o’clock in the afternoon. He booked the flights then went to the alarm clock and disconnected it. It was a bit hard for him to disconnect the cord for the alarm clock because his hands were violently shaking of fear. He quickly realized that Darcy was slowly waking up he looked at his phone and saw that it was three in the morning. He rapidly ran around the bed and laid down, but just before he was about to close his laptop and stuff it under his pillow Darcy awakened and sat up.
*
*
*

“What are you doing up so late on your laptop William?” Darcy said very drowsy. “And don’t try to act like your asleep William I’m not blind I saw that you were awake.”

“Just go back to sleep don’t worry about It.” says William

“But what were you doing on that laptop,” says Darcy. “William!!! Tell me!!”

“Can’t you see that I’m trying to go to sleep, but I can’t do that with you nagging me!” hollers William.

“Well that is very rude William first you avoid my question; then you act like your asleep; then you raise your voice at me WHAT IS UP WITH YOU!!!” yells Darcy.

William never responds to Darcy and he acts like he is asleep and then Darcy goes back to sleep.
*
*
*

I woke up with the sound of no alarm clock. I seemed rare to me I thought to myself “did I wake up before my alarm or did I not hear my alarm?” I rolled over to my surprise that there were no numbers on my alarm clock and I rapidly sat up and turned to see William and he wasn't there. I clutched my phone from under my pillow and looked at the time it was already nine! I had to be at work at 7:00 a.m. latest 7:30 a.m. I am extremely late! I see William in the door way and I asked him what was going on. He didn’t answer me and just kept approaching our room. He walked in not taking his eyes off me. I noticed that he had huge bags under his eyes like he didn't sleep at all. He shut the door behind him and locked it. He stud in front of the door and didn't say a word. “What is going on; why so mysterious?” I said to William. William replied, “I already packed your luggage for you and I called your work and told them you’re going on vacation.”

I was so confused I didn't know was happening and to be honest I was a little scared of William at that moment.

*
*
*

“Which vacation are you talking about we didn’t plan anything!!” Darcy hollered. “I’m not going; I have important business to do, IM NOT GOING!!!”

“Yes you are Darcy I already packed your things and called your work; YOU’RE COMING!!!” yelled William

“I said I’m n…” Darcy says while standing, but gets interrupted by William restraining her and putting a rag over her mouth and nose; she was starting to get very drowsy.
*
*
*

I stated to wake up and I looked at my surroundings but everything was very blurry. It was hard to see but I soon figured out I was in a car with William. William was driving and he looked very nervous. He kept on glancing at me so I pretended to still be unconscious. The car started to slow down and I can hear a deep voice asking if we wanted him to take our luggage inside. Everything sounded like if I were in a tunnel. I felt someone standing me up on my feet. Everything was in segments like a camera taking pictures. I kept hearing people ask William what was going on with me. He just kept on responding that I had a little bit too much to drink last night.

I was trying so hard to respond but I was so unconscious I couldn’t talk; I couldn’t even stand up by myself. I came to a point that I couldn’t stay alert and instead of everything being blurry everything turned pitch black. I woke up with a huge head ace and I was facing a window. I heard from above me “all passengers buckle your seat belts please we are going through turbulence.” I reached down and my seat belt was already on I turned and saw that William was on his way to the bathroom and I catch a glimpse of a flight attendant and call her over. I ask her “Where is this plane going”. I was absolutely shocked when she told me it was going to Paris. William came back from the bath room he immediately said to me “I’ll explain to you when we get there but for right now don’t say a word just stay at my side at all times.”
*
*
*

I watched William while he slept on the plane and for the first time he was unpredictable and I did not recognize him. He had a different look in his eyes when he looked at me and a different tone of voice when he talked to me. He is not the man I married and fell in love with. I reached over to grab his phone from his pocket. He griped my arm with great force and left me with a mark on my arm of his hand and nails. I kept on thinking to myself “What made this man change?” I have never feared him but he has turned aggressive and mysterious. The captain announced that we were lading and William quickly sat up and got our carry-ons. He grabbed my hand and handcuffed it to his. When we landed; he quickly stood up and held my hand like we used to do it when we were in high school but just to cover up the hand cuffs. The airport was huge and packed with people. We walked through the people straight out the door in to a cab that was there waiting for us.
*
*
*


“So did you plan this all last night while you were supposed to be asleep instead of disconnecting my alarm clock and making your little phone calls?” said Darcy sarcastically.

“Stop talking to me with that stupid sarcasm of yours Darcy,” says William.

“What got you to change so drastically William?” said Darcy “I used to know you so well.”

“What do mean change?” said William “I’m still the same William.”
“So you always knock me out with some sort of chemical on a rag and kidnap me then handcuff me to you,” Darcy said. “Oh yeah almost forgot a small detail you take me to Paris!!!”
“Well I guess some things have changed,” said William.
“Some things William; really some things?” said Darcy. “Everything has changed; like when have you ever hidden anything from me?”
“Ever since we were dating” answered William “We’re hear get out of the cab hurry up.”
“Well I can’t get out you hand cuffed me to you remember,” said Darcy.
“Alright let’s sign in to the front desk of the hotel,” said William. “Why are you crying Darcy?”
“Because you have not been honest through this whole relationship and I feel that I don’t know the real you,” said Darcy.
“Your right you don’t,” said William. Darcy looked up at him with teary eyes.
*
*
*

I had mixed emotions; I didn’t know whether to be scared or angry. He had been lying to me or hiding things from me this entire relationship. This is unbelievable I feel like the person I married and used to know so well or at least thought I knew so well is a stranger to me now. I would have never suspected William to do such a thing. He basically kidnapped me. I think that is the part that scares me the most. I am wondering what kind of things he has lied to me about. If he was capable of doing all these things to me what else could he be capable of.
*
*
*

“Uhh finally to our room the only one available was on the third floor and the elevator is broken and they call this a five star hotel,” whined William. He swung the door open and tossed Darcy inside. He unlocked the hand cuffs.

“Thank goodness those cuffs were starting to hurt my wrist even more than you hurt it on the plane,” said Darcy.

“Hear sit right there and listen for instructions,” ordered William.

“First of all don’t push me on a chair and second don’t get submissive with me,” said Darcy.

“Whatever so as I was saying I’m going to go check out some business that I’m working on and you stay here and don’t go anywhere because if you do I will find you sound good?” says William.

“But you have never been in Paris how do you have business hear?” asked Darcy

“I was born and raised hear Darcy that is just one of the things you don’t know about me,” said William. “Just stay out of my business and you’ll be fine.”

“Tell me all the secrets you’re hiding from me and I’ll leave you alone and I won’t ask you any more questions I promise,” said Darcy.

“Ok fine but not hear I know a place where no one will hear us,” said William.
*
*
*

“Where are you taking me William?” asked Darcy.

“Here,” said William.

“An old alley way in Paris so classy,” said Darcy sarcastically.

“Let’s walk in a little deeper so there is a less chance of someone listening,” said William.

“AAAAHHHHHHHHH,” William screamed.

“WILLIAM!!!” yelled Darcy at the view of William getting attacked by a guy.

“RUN DARCY RUN!!!” cried William
*
*
*

Darcy didn't get far before she got hit on the back of the head and knocked to the ground She heard two gun shots that shuck the pavement floor she was laying on. Someone flipped her over and grabbed her face. Her vision was still blurry but that person said to her “I didn't kill you because I've liked you since high school. She blinked her eyes rapidly to see if she can identify him but when her vision went back to normal she was getting placed in an ambulance. She looked around and saw them put William in a dead body bag after there were done taking pictures. They transported Darcy to the police office after examining her. They asked her things like “Why were you two there” and “How do you remember the events that happened” and things like that. They didn't let her free they kept her in a cell until the next day.
*
*
*

The next day they took me to the same room they questioned me yesterday, but today they asked me things like “How long ago was he in the business?” or “Who was he associated with” I was so confused. They would think I was lying every time I said I never knew about anything they were talking about. They got so frustrated with me because I didn't know what business they were talking to me about. Until one police officer stud up and slammed a file with pictures in front of me and screamed “JUST ADMIT YOUR HUSBAND WAS THE BOSS OF ALL THE DRUG DEALING COMPANY!!!” I was so shocked I looked at the pictures and it showed William selling drugs. My heart dropped all the way to the floor. The police man that had screamed at me told me “Mrs. Green you are under arrest for lying and being the wife of a drug lord and not reporting it


That same day I got the prison uniform and a cell buddy. When they closed the cell door the manly woman turned around and just glanced at me then went back to her dark corner. I didn't even try to talk to her I knew that was going to be bad. The first day seemed to never end. The next day I got pulled out to identify Williams’s body. I walked into that cold place and saw him on that table with a gunshot wound to the head and to the chest. I turned to the person who does the biopsies and verified I was him. He then told me “I’m sorry for your loss Mr. Hart lived a great life I can tell.” I paused for a moment.

“Mr. Hart?” said Darcy very confused
“Yes Maxwell Hart you were his wife right?” the biopsy man said
“Yes but that is William not Maxwell,” said Darcy.
“No, No he got his face transplant from William Green but his blood test show he Is Maxwell Hart, if you can excuse me I will be outside if you want to have a moment with him,” the biopsy man said.
*
*
*

Everything made sense now his scar was from his face transplant. Everything was so clear now. I never knew I was living and was married with a drug lord. Next they took me to see evidence they found to reveal who killed William oh sorry Maxwell. I looked at the note and it had there confessions about liking there best friend’s wife. When I got to the end of the note and saw who signed it I turned pale. It was Maxwell’s (Williams) best friend which means he likes me and he killed Maxwell over me. I went back to my cell astonished about what I had found out. The manly woman was mumbling something and she started saying it louder and louder until she screamed in my face and came at me with a knife she yelled,” MAXWELL WAS MINE BEFORE E WAS YOURS!!!!”
*
*
*

The CSI (crime scene investigation) van parked in the prison parking lot and took one body bag into the jail house


*
*
*

“When I snap my fingers you will wake up now!” Darcy’s therapist says

“Wow this time I remembered everything that happened,” Darcy said. “so how many more sessions do I need?”

“About three your progress is really good,” the therapist said.

“I was just wondering what was it that I was charged for ?” Darcy asks .

“Murder by self-defense; why do you ask didn't they tell you?” said the therapist

“Yeah they did but after so many years I had forgotten,” Darcy says.


The author's comments:
In this story is about s successful young woman that has to experience what a lot of people experience,she thinks she knows her husband so well but turns out he is full of lies. For other people it might not be your husband it can be your closest friend or family member. hope you enjoy :D