That Little Girl Who Sung In Latin | Teen Ink

That Little Girl Who Sung In Latin

By Genii_zora BRONZE, Chicago, Illinois
Genii_zora BRONZE, Chicago, Illinois

Writing is the voice that'll unlock the doors of this world.

The little girl I met those days scared me. She scared the hell out of me, but I didn't meet her in a park or in my neighborhood. No, I met her in my dreams. I don't know why they started or why that little girl was even there or even where I was. But I appeared to be in an open field with the sky a light blue scattered with clouds, with a little girl on a swing set in the middle of the field singing in Latin. She wore a white dress with no shoes or socks, and her hair fell past her shoulders and was a glistening black. I... I wanted to touch her. She was swinging on the swing set her back toward me and then when I took a step towards her she begin to cry softly. Streaking her face with salty tears. I ran towards her because I didn't want to see such a beautiful little girl cry, but as I ran to embrace her she vanished like the exhaust from the back of a truck. Leaving me, the swing set, and that yellow golden colored field alone. I knew at that moment I was dead or not too far from it.

It is for society to read, but for outcasts to understand.