My Dream | Teen Ink

My Dream

November 12, 2013
By Mally1121 GOLD, Easley, South Carolina
Mally1121 GOLD, Easley, South Carolina
11 articles 4 photos 6 comments

Favorite Quote:
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass; It's about learning to dance in the rain.


I was alone in darkness.

Heat slowly pressed on me as fire lit the onyx sky. Pillars and stones grew out of the rock beneath my feet and the sound of distant moaning and screaming crept into my ears. Sulfur choked me and smoke covered my eyes.

I was frozen in place by fear as shadows of bars surrounded me. I reached out for the bars and my hand struck something so hot that my skin sizzled immediately. I screamed and the sound bounced back into my ears harshly as if I was in a small empty room.

I pulled my injured hand to my chest and cradled it. I looked down at myself and was surprised to find that all I wore was a faded black robe that grazed across the ground as I walked. Chains rubbed heavily against my ankles and clanked together as if a band of skeletons had control over them.

I was terrified. My spine was frozen solid in this horrid heat and my lungs seemed to be caving in on themselves; making it harder and harder to breathe. I fell to my knees as weakness gripped me. My heart seemed to falter and my eyes grew heavy as the ground grew closer.

A low, dark voice echoed into the hell in which I was imprisoned.

“This is how you will end.”