Thousands Demons | Teen Ink

Thousands Demons

By Daniela.Arteaga SILVER, Wilmington, Delaware
Daniela.Arteaga SILVER, Wilmington, Delaware

One day on vacation, in 2008. It was my first time traveling by airplane. My mom and I were heading to the capital of my country, Quito or also known as the city of the middle of the world. This trip came out, because the Italian boyfriend that my mom had, lived there. Well, before entering the plane, I remember being super excited, but as the plane ascended, things changed. My ears were plugged, and my blood pressure dropped. I was of all colors; well at least that's what mom said.

Chew gum - said the lady who sat in front of me.

I don’t want to do it, because then it will give me more nauseous - I answered.

Well, then do jaw exercises, just open and close your mouth, so you can unclog your ears, and smells a lemon for the nausea. - Replied the lady with kindness.

Thank you very much, I said.

And it worked. Although, when the plane descended, I felt as if my ears were going to explode, and I cried in pain. It was horrible! Thank God, it was just a 30 minute flight.

My mom and I arrived at Mariscal Sucre Airport, and there he was ... The Italian boyfriend of my mom. He, very attentive, received us amiably and carried our bags to the car. He took us to his house to drop our bags, and as I entered his house; I felt something strange, the air felt heavy and cold. There was a large wall mirror hanging in one of the largest and wider wall, and on another wall there was a bull's head dangling. This is so strange. - I told myself. It gave me the feeling that the bull was watching me or that there was a camera behind its eyes. Then, in the middle of the house there was a hole in the roof covered with glass, where you could see the sky, and the stars but, the most curious and amazing thing it was the moonlight coming through the hole, which was reflected in the tile. Now let's go to eat - he said.
I didn’t notice his car. The car! The fabulous car, I would say. He had the most expensive BMW car at that time. And he was super attractive, smart, secure, and bold. Wait! Stop! Yes, you, the one reading this! I wasn’t talking about my mother’s boyfriend; I was talking about the car. Well inside, almost all the car was made of black leather, like the sits etc. The car also had things like: different electronic systems, BMW Service, among other things. Suddenly I had a headache and nausea again, but I tried to distract myself by looking the great mountains and others with several snow-capped volcanoes, and plenty of white red-tiled houses, and colonial churches. Until, finally we parked, and he took us to eat Italian cuisine. I tried a myriad of new things, and I ended packed. I thanked him for everything, and we went home. Anyways, Leandro turned owning the BMW car sales’ company.

Even though it was a long day, and I was extremely exhausted, I had a good time. Before going to bed I went to take a shower. I went to the bathroom and it felt weird, I opened the faucet, and the water was frizzing, I tried putting the hot water, but it did not work. I had no choice, but to use that frozen water, little by little. Then I went out and got dressed, but I don’t know at what time I will have gone to sleep, I guess I was dead tired. But something strange happened, on the spur of the moment, my body rose, I turned my head and saw the clock, it was 3 in the morning. I don’t know why, but the first thing that came to mind was a phrase: “At 3 AM is the devil’s hour” a phrase that my grandmother said, that I will never forget. I was alone sleeping in a huge room, and it was extremely cold. But, it was also dark, that for more I tried to go back to sleep, I couldn't. So, it was there, when I decided to go look for my mom, to keep me company until I fall asleep. When leaving the room, almost everything was dark, but the only thing that lit the hallway was, the hole in the roof where the light of the moon reflected the tile. I was curious, and so I turned my head to glance around the house, and saw hundreds demons with red eyes flying in the whole living room. My eyes were wide, my nose froze, and my heart beating a thousand. I ran into the other room, and knocked the door like crazy.

Mamá… mamá… MAMAAÁ... Get up! - I said desperately.

I knew I was not crazy, because it wasn’t the first time I’ve seen ghosts. I looked at the living room again, covered my eyes and I called her louder. Until, finally she woke up. I almost wept with fright. Mom told me that everything was fine, that it was just a nightmare. She slept with me in the room, I hugged her and I fell asleep.

The next day we got up, had some breakfast, went for a walk and then we went to shopping to the grocery. We got home late. After a while, mom and I, had cravings for prosciutto, salami, pasta and cheese. I helped mom in the kitchen a bit, and then decided to go outside to watch TV in the living room. When I went to the living room, Leandro was there looking for a movie to watch. He took a movie and put it, and unfortunately I started seeing inappropriate things, such as people consuming drugs, to later on have intercourse. I knew this was not normal, so I decided to tell mami about it.

Mamá, he’s watching pornography. - I said, stunned.

WHAT? Where? - Mamá said surprised and indignant.

Outside, in the living room mami - I said.

Mamá immediately left the kitchen and saw him and said: Hey, what’s wrong with you, don’t you see she is a minor? Anyways if she wasn’t here still, why would you watch pornography?

Leandro didn’t say a word, and took off the movie slowly, and put another. I immediately went to my room to sleep early, because I didn’t want to go to bed late, where everything is darker. But before I went to sleep, Ring… Ring… -The phone rang. My grandmother called us that night, saying she was worried about us because, she had a bad presage. I dreamed that you girls were captive in that house, and couldn't escape. In the backyard of the house there was debris, piles of dead people and tombstones. Suddenly, there was a time when you girls tried to escape, and he saw it, so he wanted to bury you girls alive. - Said my grandmother. After all that my mom and I decided to leave, the house. When traveling on the plane again, I didn’t have the same problem I had at first. The airplane arrived in the city, called Guayaquil. When I got home I said: “Home! Sweet Home!” We unpack the luggage, and then we decided to go tomorrow to reveal the pictures we took in Quito.

A day after, my mom noticed that, her silver necklace was stolen, but even though she knew she was, she didn't want to do anything about it. Afterwards, we went to reveal the pictures, we saw something we never thought it would happen. There were 3 ghosts in one of the photos, where my mom wore a beautiful scarlet dress, in the living room behind the large mirror. The first was big, the second medium and the third was the smallest, I can’t remember which one, but one of them had horns. Seeing that, we realized that the dark and heavy presence in atmosphere of the house, the presage of my grandmother, the stolen necklace, and the ghosts of the photo were some of the proof that they were actually dead people buried in that house, plus the use of witchcraft. The thousands demons, were the souls in punishment, are found wandering through the world without rest, these souls are doomed and seek to extract energies of the world. Demons to human perception are dark, often bright but dark, totally different from the angels and archangels who have a spectacular shine for human vision.
In the end, we will have been his next victim? I don’t know. But, what I do know is that, we see faces, but hearts we don’t know.

What inspired me to write this piece was the unexplained events,like paranormal ones. I didn't believe in ghosts or things like that,

nevertheless I saw them. Therefore, the purpose of this is not to force anyone to make people believe in paranormal phenomena, but to share this event, and also to be alert towards negative things.