Alone | Teen Ink

Alone

November 4, 2013
By Mally1121 GOLD, Easley, South Carolina
Mally1121 GOLD, Easley, South Carolina
11 articles 4 photos 6 comments

Favorite Quote:
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass; It's about learning to dance in the rain.


Screams of laughter echoed through the halls. Maniacal and menacing, it pierced my ears and my hands weren’t enough to stop it.

Doors slammed and another girl screamed; the third one today. Her pain was felt by everyone left locked in this dark arid prison.

I heard everything because no one dared to even breathe, for he was attracted to life. One small peep of a lung brought his unwanted attention slicing down on you, ensuring that you would not peep again.

I waited; the screams slowly grew less and less until they finally stopped with the sudden insane laughter starting again. I could imagine his crazy eyes and his blood soaked hands.

I heard her life drip down into the drains of his asylum. The only sounds were that of his feet scuffing the ground and metal clinging with metal as he finished.

A grate of metal and a few soft thuds were all that was left of that unfortunate soul. He was done for tonight. His addiction fixed for now.

As he left, the darkness grew heavier as I realized I was the only one left.


The author's comments:
This was written for Halloween but I think its too late now...