Mutant | Teen Ink

Mutant

October 28, 2013
By Rachel Wheeler GOLD, Lewisville, Texas
Rachel Wheeler GOLD, Lewisville, Texas
15 articles 0 photos 0 comments

I duck my head under the table as tears poor out of my eyes. The chitter chatter of the grownups fad into the background. I hug my knees trying to contain myself. The black high heels and boots make me feel lonely. The tall people shuffle their feet around the table, talking about how sad they are. I grip the table leg next to me.


As my tears hit the floor, their acidic properties melt through the hardwood flooring. I try to contain myself, my body burning up. The table bursts into flames, my body heating to its full potential. I scream, all of the adults running for the exit. They trample each other, one of them howling in pain as he is stompped repeatedly.

I stand up and run for an exit. Still crying, running away from the people. I see flashing blue and red lights. Officers of the law step out of their vehicles and draw their guns. My body covered by flames, but my body unscorched. They yell out orders for me to stop and have my hands in the air. I set them all ablaze. Bodies burning everywhere. Firemen come and shoot out water at me to control the fires. I’m on the floor, blackening out. They come to detain me to a government facility. I am a mutant.


The author's comments:
My class did a wrighting challange where we would write for 30 minuts then pass the paper to the next person. I enjoyed the writing prosses and got a good story out of it.