I was ment to kill | Teen Ink

I was ment to kill

October 28, 2013
By Rachel Wheeler GOLD, Lewisville, Texas
Rachel Wheeler GOLD, Lewisville, Texas
15 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Opening my eyes to the red heat. Flames are everywhere, I can barely breath and my skin is burning. I can feel the raw skin peeling off my arms. my fragile skin hardening over. I don't remember much only that I’m mad at the person limp up against the wall across the open space. I can make out scraps of fabric hanging on their body raveled and scorned just like the ones I wore. My head is rattling. My vision is shifting side to side as I attempt to get to my knees. I can see the ashes of the fire through my blurry vision. I stumble over to the limp body that i’m craving so much so kill. Their bloody hand twitches, and struggles to pick up the body. My foot finds its way to their rib cage. I could heard the cracking and splitting of the bone. they moaned as their body slammed up against the bloody wall. I get to their level. The strong smell of blood fills my nose. Its getting hotter and hotter, I can see the flames out of control and making their way toward us. I look around the room, our exit was covered by dancing flames. I race around the room dodging the flames and find a vent in the far corner. I hover my head next to the metal slits. I feel a soft breeze run through my short shaggy brown hair and i glance back at the body mentally measuring. they were skinny, didn't really have a figure at all, I knew they would fit. I make my way back through the flames and grabbed the scraps around their chest, dragging them to the vent. I kick the bent in metal a few times till it fell off its hinges. I look down the shaft, revealing sharp holes. I threw the body down the metal tube and jumped after it. The tube is scorching hot from the fire above and the sharp metal was shredding my arms. I find myself in a bin filled with trash, it smells like puke and rust. I try standing up but I end up back in the trash pile. I look around and find the body I threw in first. I feel a hand grab my chest pulling me backwards. Their arm wraps around my neck and we tumble further down into the dark trash. My back slams against the bottom of the bin and I let out a sharp whimper. I slowly open my eyes and struggle to lift my body. My eyes glance down to the limp body next to me, it had a flatten bend out of shape piece of metal piercing through their body. They were still, not moving, not breathing, a pool of blood surrounded me. The body was bent in an unnatural shape. It looked like a piece of art, abstract. They would call it corpse. I try to find my way out again. The trash surrounds me on every side, I don't know which way is up or down. I find a side of the container and finger the grooves. I climb the side of it and find myself grabbing the ledge of the big trash bin. I pull my lifeless body to the edge of the metal surface. my other hand scrapes against the rough metal and my muscles flex as I lift my dead weight out of the bin. My scraps barely cover me as I feel the cold sharp edge of the container hit my bottom. My jaw sets and I stare at the amazing view putting the thought of the misshapen body at the bottom of the bin. The orange and red fade into each other, and the big round dimmed sun was like a spotlight on the world. I can hear the crackling of the building wasting away behind me. The blue and red lights come into focus and the noise is unbarring, but i just sit there on the ledge of the dumpster. The frantic bodies rush around me pulling me to my feet. they are yelling orders and asking questions. I am led to the blue and red lights. they start poking me with needles, pulling the thread threw my scalp. It is painful but i just sit there, motionless. the power hose eliminates the fire that is trying so hard to reach the ground. they stopped sewing my head back together, all i see are the blue and red light flashing. the roaring of the fire fighting off the water blocks out the rest of the noise, the screaming, the shouting of orders.