I Don't Remember | Teen Ink

I Don't Remember

By BrooklynSimms BRONZE, Owensboro, Kentucky
BrooklynSimms BRONZE, Owensboro, Kentucky
1 article 0 photos 1 comment

My heart was pounding I couldn’t catch my breath. I could hear his footsteps getting louder and louder. I don’t understand why he is here. Why does he want me? What did I do? Oh no! He’s coming closer. He’s in front of the door now. He’s opening it! I see his face. He looks somewhat familiar. I don’t know where I have seen him before. He slowly walks towards me. As he does my heart races I start to scream!
“Leave me alone! I don’t know you!”
He stops and look at my blankly and says.
“You don’t remember me?”
“No! Who are you?” I say
He walks a little closer and says.
“You will find out soon enough!”
He grabs my arm and begins to drag my through the hallway. I can see out of a window and don’t really know where I am. This place isn’t familiar to me. Questions start ringing in my ear. How did I get here? Where am I? Most importantly who is this man? He puts me in the front seat of a car. He starts to drive out into the night. He looks at my plainly and says.
“Look and me hard and try to remember. Remember who you are!”
I think to myself for a second and then soon realize I don’t know who I am. I don’t even know my name. How is this possible? How do I not know who I am? Look at him with fear in my eyes and say.
“I don’t know who I am!”
“Who am I?” I scream
He looks at me and calmly says
“Your name is Mary. You use to live in Seattle, Washington, but then it happened.”
“It what it?” I Say
“You really don’t remember do you?” he ask
“No just tell me what happened!” I demand
“You were buried alive Mary! Your mother buried you alive.” He says with sadness in his voice
“What! My mother and why don’t I remember this. A person would remember if they were buried alive.” I say
“They don’t know what happened after that. The Police found you and when they dug you up and realized you were alive they rushed you to emergency room and called me.” He says
“Called you why would they call you” I say with confusion
“Mary I’m your father. Your mother and I were divorced at the time this took place. She just snapped and went insane and buried you alive!” He said
What do I say I just found out I was buried alive and don’t remember who I am. Wait..
“Where am I now?” I asked
“The house you were just at is the house where you lived with your mother and where she buried you alive.” He said
“And where do I live now?” I ask
“I was forced to put you in a home with people like you. You now live in Oregon. They called me and told me you escaped and that house was my last chance to find you” he said
“So where are we driving now?” I asked
“I’m not sure, but you not going back to the asylum! I promise you that!” he says
All the sudden we hear a car speed up beside us. The person in it rolled down the window we both looked at her. My father yelled for me to get down. I wasn’t sure why but I obeyed and got down. She rams her car into ours and we headed off rode and slammed into a tree. I woke up and found my father gasping for air. I could tell he wasn’t going to make it. He was trying to speak it was faint and weak sounded but I could hear it clearly he said
“That was her! That was your mother!”