Silly Sally | Teen Ink

Silly Sally

By Josh Aberman BRONZE, North Bellmore, New York
Josh Aberman BRONZE, North Bellmore, New York

On Friday Sally's parents dropped her off at their friends house. Sally was only eight years old and this was the first weekend that she would not be with her parents. The friends of her parents that she was staying with were Mr. and Mrs.P they had rough looking skin with dark hair and dark long eyelashes. They were on the heavier side and ate fast food on a regular basis. The P's were extremely lazy and when Sally was at their house they had her retrieve items for them, that they didn't feel like getting.

Sunday night, after they had had dinner, Mr.P asked Sally to go and get some vanilla ice cream from the basement. Sally went down to the basement in order to retrieve vanilla ice cream as Mr.P had asked.

The basement was a dark, grimy, smelly, evil, cold, ghastly looking place. There was one flittering light in the basement. It was red. This one flittering light was right above the refrigerator supplying enough light to navigate through the fridge for food. There was one window across from the refrigerator which during the day added more light to the basement, making it more traversable; it was night now so the window didn't improve the visibility, but because of the stars you could still vaguely see outside of the window.

This window has the utmost of importance to this story as you will soon find out.

When Sally got down to the basement she went into the fridge, located the vanilla ice cream, quickly took it, and then she closed the door. She couldn't tolerate the rancid smell that was in the basement and was looking forward to going upstairs.

Sally heard a screeching noise outside of the window and turned around to check out what had happened. Nothing was there. "It must have been a bird" she told herself. She lied to herself, but she had no way of knowing that.

When Sally went upstairs, with the ice cream, Mrs.P asked for her to go back down and get her some chocolate syrup. So again Sally did the same routine as before only this time retrieving the chocolate syrup. Again she heard a screech outside of the window and again she turned around to look at what had happened.

This time was different, there was a little girl standing outside of the window. She had brown hair with dark brown eyes and she was eight years old. In a way she looked very similar to Sally.

Sally brought up the chocolate syrup and was about to tell the P's what she had seen when they interrupted her.

"Sally would you go and retrieve some whip cream?" they requested.

Sally knew she had no choice but to go and fetch the whip cream. This time the little girl was holding Sally's favorite stuffed animal, Mr.Fluffy. She ran upstairs and told Mr.P what she had seen and he just chuckled and told her that she was imagining things, and then they made her go back down.

This time in the window Sally saw the girl holding a knife. Sally knew that she couldn't be seeing things so she called her parents. She got their answering machine.

"Please leave a message after the tone…BEEP!"

"Mommy! Daddy! There's a strange girl outside Mr. and Mrs. P's basement window and she's holding a knife! I'M SCARED!"

Sally went upstairs begging the adults to believe her, but they just said that she had a vivid imagination. That's always what it is when a kid sees something. It's just always their imagination.

They made her go back into the basement. This time not making her get anything but instead to "conquer her fears". This time the knife, that the girl in the window was holding was, bloody. The red blood slowly trickled down the knife onto the girls hand. Sally felt that it strangely looked appetizing. At that moment the girl in the window slowly licked her knife.

When Sally went upstairs she found Mr.P and Mrs.P’s bodies bloody on the floor with multiple stab wounds. Sally heard the phone ring. It was Sally's parents...

"Hey Sally! We know that you're scared being away from us for so long but there is nothing to worry about there are no windows in Mr. and Mrs. P's basement only a mirror."

The End