Death School | Teen Ink

Death School

July 21, 2013
By MarkGauthierBraham SILVER, Flagstaff, Arizona
MarkGauthierBraham SILVER, Flagstaff, Arizona
9 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
"shine on" "an eye for an eye makes the whole world blind"


      In 1940 the citizen’s of Jamesburg had a terrible secret, a secret that they still keep and which the children still fear.
      If you take a stroll down 4th street you’ll come to an abandoned school with a history that stretches back to that of the may of 1940. 
      It all started with the scream of a boy. The neighboring citizens of the school rushed toward the school, what they saw were forever burned in there memory.
      Lying in front of a kid, horror itched in every muscle of his face; laid a cold lifeless body of a kid, whose body was mutilated so much that the police had trouble identifying the body.
      That murder was only the first link in a chain of murders. All of which took place by Jamesburg high.
      The citizens breathed a sigh of relief when the murder’s stopped, but there relief was cut shout when once day at 2:30,m when school usually ended not a soul came out of the school.
      Finally a parent went in, but no sooner had he gone in that he came tearing out in hysterics, screaming something about blood and bodies.
      That parent was the first to witness what would be recorded as the worse mass murder in Jamesburg’s history, with a death count of 500, or every living soul in the school. The culprit was never found.
                                    
______________________________ 
 
      A cool wind swept threw the street, rustling the hair of four boys, who were standing outside the abandoned high school. They could here the ancient building creaking and groaning as the wind hammered against it.
      One of the kid’s was noticeably more fidgety than his companions; this boy went by the name of Danul. Danul had a vary good explanation for his fidgetiness. For he was preparing himself for a dare and bet that had been made earlier that day.
      One of Danuls friends, Jared, turned to look at Danul. “Do you remember the term’s?”
      Danul nodded “I have to stand in the school for five minutes exactly.”
      Jared replied, “and in return I give you ten dollar’s.”
      This would sound reasonable enough, except for the fact that this school is said to be haunted, for at night screams and groan’s can be heard coming from the school. 
 Danul slowly started making his way toward it’s entrance, Danul stopped in front of the door, and looked up to survey the school; the school stood two stories, with pealing black, paint and broken windows.
      Danul turned around to look at his friends. their jackets billowing about. He raised his hand in a small wave, which his friends returned. Then with a huge breath, and before he could change his mind he walked threw the door’s.
      Danul closed the door behind him and looked around. He surveyed the old metal lockers that stretched across the hall. Between rows of lockers stood crooked doorways the once led to classrooms. Danul shivered, not from the cold outside but from the damp dark aurora that lingered in the air.
            He slumped against a wall. And to keep his imagination under control closed his eye’s so he couldn’t see the shadows which creped slowly up the walls.
            And to take his mind off of were he was and what was going to be the longest five minutes of his life, he thought back to the moment when the bet had been made
      __________________ 
      Danul stared dully at his algebra teacher, only half listening. Out of the corner of his eye he looked at the clock, and to his relief saw that there was only a minute left.
      A sharp voice ripped threw the air like a knife.
      “Danul, that is the fourth time you’ve stared at that clock, if your so smart that you don’t need to pay attention then you should be able to tell me the answer to the question.”
      Danul stated stupidly at the equation, his teacher’s eye’s shooting daggers the question might as well have been in Chinese. But to his relief at that moment the bell rang, Danul was the first out the door.
      As Danul was putting away his book’s he felt a tap on his shoulder. He turned and grinned when he saw Jared and his other two friend’s Bob and Billy.
      Jared pointed at a pretty blond girl standing a few lockers’ away.
      “Dude, I finally figured out how to get Jessica to go out with me.”
      Danul rolled his eyes; Jared had been trying to get Jessica to go out with him for the past six month’s, and every time she’s said no.
      “Don’t you roll your eye’s at me, I seriously found a way.”
      Danul raised an eyebrow. “And that is…”
      Jared grinned from ear to ear, “I heard telling her friend that she loves men who are brave.” Jared continued, “So obviously I’m her man then.”
      At those word’s Danul cracked out laughing. Jared frowned indigently “What?”
      “You brave? A mouse sneezes and you jump a foot into the air.”
      Jared glared at Danul, “Your not any better.”
      Danul immediately stopped laughing. “What do you mean of course I am.”
      Jared sneered, “Ok if you’re so brave, why don’t you stay in the abandoned high school.”
      Danul smiled,  “Ok I bet you ten dollar’s that I can stay in there for five minutes.”
      Jared grinned, “ Ok it’s a deal.” With those words Jared stuck out his hand and they shook on it.
___________________ 
      Danul forced himself to open his eye’s to look at his watch, and to his relief and surprise saw that his time was up. He stood up and waited a few second’s for his foot to wake up, for it had fallen asleep about four minutes ago.
      Danul walked over to the door and pulled the handle, Nothing happened. Danuls heart dropped, he tried it again with the same result. In desperation he slammed all his weight against the door, but he might as well have hit it with a stick for all the good it did.
      Danul turned around, hyperventilating, staring down the dark eerie hallway. Danul walked down the hallway he had been looking at earlier. His heals clicking against the floor. As he walked he couldn’t shake the feeling of being watched. Danuls imagination started going wild. He could almost hear the bustling and chattering of student’s and teachers.
      Abruptly Danul skidded to a halt as he heard a light cough coming from a door to his left. He walked over to the door and studied the sign on it.
      He saw in fading letters the word “Nurse”. He stood there for a second and sure enough he heard another cough this time louder than before.
      Danul was raking his brains, debating wither to walk in or leave, but being a teenage boy the latter was unheard of. So Danul summoned up had courage and opened the door.
      In front of him bending over a bed with her back facing him was a nurse dressed in a white uniform.
      Danul breathed a sigh of relief, he had been half expecting a ghost, He waited a few second’s to let his hart rat return to normal, then reached out to tap her shoulder and screamed as her turned around to look at him.
      Danul looked into her yellow eyes, which had slit pupils like that of a cat. Of there own accord his eye’s searched her red-tented skin. He noticed that instead of a nose she only had to small slits in the middle of her face. Above all the thing’s that completed her ghastly appearance was her teeth, which jutted out of her mouth and looked sharp enough to cut diamonds.
      Danuls eye’s left the demons face and fixed en the figure that she had been leaning over. On the bed lay the decaying body of a boy, who Danul recognized as Timothy who had gone missing several month’s ago. Danul vaguely wondered if he was headed to the same grisly fate.
      Danul ran and ran until he was forced to stop due to the stitch in his side. He slumped against a wall to catch his breath.
      Oh god, what the hell is this place, he found himself thinking.
      Danul was pulled from his thought’s by enough sound, this time instead of a cough it was light chattering, much like that of what you would hear at a restraint or perhaps a large crowd before a concert.
      Danul looked up, and tried to pinpoint the direction of the sound/ He finally determined that it was coming from the right of him.
      Danul followed the sound until he stopped in front of a door that apparently led to the cafeteria. Danul stuck out his hand and grasped the door handle and summing up all his courage flung open the door.
      Laid out before him was a cafeteria full of bustling children, Danul stared stunned, when a voice barked threw the chatter. Making him jump.
      “Are you going to get your food or not?”
      Danuls head whipped around to look at a women standing behind him. A moment latter she shoved a rust covered lunch tray at into his hands.
      Danul looked from the tray to the woman. The woman frowned at him, “Well, are you going to get your food or not?” Seeing the bland look in his eye’s and pointed to a small line on the other side of the lunchroom.
      Danul slowly walked toward the line. He heard his stomach rumble and figured why not? “But when he saw what was being served he felt his stomach lurch into his chest. In bowls he saw lunch workers labeling some type of crimson soup that smelled strongly of blood.
      Further down he saw workers dishing up a casserole, but to Danuls horror he spotted a blood shot eyeball staring blankly back at him.
      Danuls lunch tray fell to the floor with a clatter. He spun around to stare, horrified, as the kid’s slurped the bloody soup, and bit ravenously into the eyeballs’ which made a sickening popping sound when bitten into.
      He whipped around and jumped as a lunch worker stood in front of him. He saw blood splattered all over her apron. And blood dripped off her finger’s as she held up a ladle full of blood as she cackled, “ Timothy tastes good aye” Danul spun around an ran to the and out of the lunch room, a blood chilling laughter ringing in his ear’s.
      Danul continued running, when a classroom door opened, in which Danul hurled himself into enough hallway. Danul cautiously peeked around the corner, and saw a teacher pulling a boy by the ear. Danul forced himself to resist the urge to cover his ear’s as he listened to the boy’s bone chilling wails, pleading with the teacher.
      When they were always up ahead Danul pulled out of the hallway and followed stealthily behind them.
      After a few minutes of walking the teacher stopped in front of a door, opened it and threw the kid into the door way.
      AS soon as the door swung shut, in front of his =vary eye’s, the teacher dissolved into nothingness.
      Danul stood in shock, and as though of there own accord his feet steered him toward the spot were the teacher had disappeared.
      Danul stood in front of the door and bent down to read the words engraved on the door “Head Master” he mumbled aloud. And with a deep breath, opened the door just enough to see
      What he saw would forever be burned in his mind. Chained to a chair in the center of the room sat the boy, chained to a chare, in the center of the room sat a boy, chained to it, the metal chain’s cutting deep into his skin.
      A movement to his right caught his eye. Behind a desk stood a man, who a tattered suit, this man must be the head mast Danul figured, then Danul noticed a knife in his hand. The man walked over to the boy, who started struggling immediately, but to little avail.
      The man, taking no notice to the boy’s frantic struggle, placed the knife on his forehead, and to Danuls horror, moved his hand sharply to the right, making a deep slit in the boys forehead.
      The head master laid the knife on the floor, he then slowly moved his figures to the boy’s head, when he reached the slit, he dug his fingers into it, blood oozing between his fingers, and with a horrible ripping noise pulled downward sharply.
      He held up the skin that only moments before had been the boy ‘s face. The boys shriek nearly ruptured Danuls eardrum. Torrents of blood rushed down his face. As the boy screamed Danul could see the muscles contracting around his mouth.
      Danul didn’t stay long enough to see anymore, Danul spun around and ran. The principles laughter receding into the distance.
      He ran up and down hall’s taking sharp turns, until he stopped suddenly when up ahead he saw a door that back when the school was used would have lead to the playground.
      Danul dashed forward, when he got to it, he grasped the hand and closed his eyes, Please god let it be open. He prayed.   He held his breath and twisted his hand to turn the handle. And the handle turned with his hand.
      Danuls heart leapt and without a moment’s hesitation threw open the door.
      Danul screamed as he looked into a burning hell. He saw kids being shoved into iron maidens, drawn and countered and other things so horrible that only the fields of punishment in the underworld could match.
      Danul turned around to run but found his way blocked by a hoard of students. Danul turned around but ht door flung shut.
      He slowly turned around to face them and found himself face to face with the head master. Dates of blood dotted his face. Danul cowered as he reached toward him to grab him. 
      ____________________________ 
      The search lasted three month’s, but Danul was nowhere to be found. When the Police finally gave up the entire school mourned, except three boys’ who stood aside. There faces looked like they hadn’t slept in weeks.
      For all of them Jared, Bob and Billy knew were he was, but they were too afraid to believe were.
      A week after the search party was called off. They were walking home from school, but as they past the old high school, Jared stopped. Bob and Billy stopped when they realized he was gone.
            They looked around and saw Jared staring at the school. They walked over to him and all three of them looked at it. Bob and Billy jumped when Jared mumbled I have to find him.” It took them a second to realize what he meant. Bob and Billy looked at him in horror.
            “I have to go,” he said louder, and before either could stop him, he ran into the school.
            As soon as Jared entered, the door swung shut and a deathly quite enveloped hem.
            Jared stood until he got a queer feeling of being watched.
            He looked to his right but saw no one. When he looked forward again he jumped and gasped a she saw Danul standing in front of him. But not the Danul he remembered, but a horrid mutilated version. Jared trembled as Danul gave him a grisly grin and in a raspy voice hissed “hello Jared.”