The Hunter | Teen Ink

The Hunter

July 20, 2013
By Letrishy SILVER, Frankleigh Park, Other
Letrishy SILVER, Frankleigh Park, Other
9 articles 50 photos 6 comments

Favorite Quote:
We aren't hiding, we are simply bringing life to the world


Darkness...It encloses us in fear, in regret and fills us with a sense of expectation. As the world is robbed of all its light delve into the darkest corner of your mind, into the heart of your worst nightmares. What is it that you see? Emerald eyes, the sound of heavy breathing, an overwhelming stench filled with death and all that can be felt is blood rushing into legs and an absolute sense of fear.

A branch breaks. Why is he doing this? What did I do wrong? Where is everyone else? Run, stop thinking and just run. Why can I see where I am going?

“The first night is always the worst. Two minds become one, bones begin taking another form and they come for you.” Why he couldn't tell me that before he passed away I would never know. Now though I must learn to be what I am on my own, without the help of those who threaten my existence.

It is quiet behind me. It must have lost my trail. Slow down and try to return to normal, if normal can ever be obtained again. If it stopped chasing me it must have found better prey, who would be better prey?

Retrace my steps. Now the hunter must become the hunted.


The author's comments:
A part of a short story I am working on. Let me know what you think.