The Twins | Teen Ink

The Twins

By @nime.@ngel BRONZE, Chicopee, Massachusetts
@nime.@ngel BRONZE, Chicopee, Massachusetts

One night in a village, people started hearing mysterious cries coming from the mountains. The intermittent screams sounded of children crying out in fear. Coming and going; starting at dusk and ending at dawn, but it only ever happened at night. This made commotion and controversy within the village...they wondered whether if they were real children or evil spirits being deceitful. The ones who believed they were real wanted to go and find them, but the ones that didn't forbade it. Most of the people who believed in the cries were young and gullible, or strongly believed in justice, but the ones who were against it were old and wise, or scared. After awhile enough was enough; they set out to find the source of the torturous screams.

They went searching for hours until the villagers found two little kids; one girl and one boy; they had eyes the color of blood and white nothingness painted on like a canvas. On one, it seemed almost normal, but they were red with the pupils white; like a demon. Even worse, on the other eye the colors were flipped. It was same with the boy except the color pattern of each were on reversed sides. Not only just that, that was strange and foreign, they also had two small horns on each side of their heads; the color of death. Other than those features they had the bodies of a human.

After a long look at these monstrous beings the villagers started throwing their torches at them with someone saying
"GET BACK! GET BACK I SAY!! YOU VILE CREATURES!"
The people started to run in fear; leaving the children alone and burned by the fire and by their words... they of course did nothing to deserve such treatment, but they not could help if others did not want see past their beastly features... Nothing mattered as long as they had each other....That's what they thought until they again begin to cry out in their sleep in the night.... in search for someone; anyone that could.

The Traveler

In the mountains at night, the air would feel so thin; it would feel as if the air is being sucked out of the lungs that are barely breathing... But it would also taste of sweet lilies and other wild flowers and herds that grew in the meadow and forest; it felt of life in it's essence. Villagers traveling never had to worry; they had always felt at peace and of tranquility and traveled in bliss. The path though was not perfect, it was rocky and with it's direction uncertain. Even so, a young man with a small cart filled with goods, strolled along the path, doing it with ease.

He walks until he hears crying children in the deep unknown forest away from his familiar path. He stops and listens attentively. The silence continues until he finally hears them again faintly. A pause leaves a ghostly feeling that hangs in the air. The feel of contentment goes and washes away and gets replaced with a slight feeling of dread. The cries sound so sorrowful that with each cry; it travels up his body carrying, and resonating their loneliness within his heart. He wonders and worries if he should follow the them. He then thinks of his duty to deliver the cart to the village and with some thought, he's on his way.

That's what he told him self... really as an excuse, to hide what he really felt. He knew that if he were to go he could have done nothing...nothing at all to help them....then a heaviness emerged on his shoulders, he felt it weigh him down. He felt the of weight shame.

The man arrives and brings the goods to the village. The feelings of unease for the children he heard won't leave his mind. A righteous or foolish urge makes him tells people in the village and ask them to help. He begs them to go find them, but everyone just ignores him, but they were stiff as if they all knew something that he didn't. With the thick tension amongst the people overwhelming him by clearly shown looks of their disapproval. With that he gives up. The man soon leaves in the morning with new items in his cart, he takes his last breath of the sweet air; travels down his path, and never returns to the village again, but never forgets those children that he could never save.....

The Rainy Day

In the rainy season the air was smotheringly humid and wet. All the clouds prevented any light from the sun and the pouring rain would make noise yet block all else. The water pelted leaves and teared them apart; under the very same leaves were were two young demon children with unusual colored eyes and horns. With them only but simple cloth, stolen from the nearby village on each of them barely enough to cover their tiny, undernourished bodies, let alone keep them warm or dry. They sat there with questions floating around them, haunting them as darkness started to set in. Why were they there?... What were they going to do?...What could they do? A snap of a twig was heard. A man stands there, cloaked in darkness and begins to speak with unseen lips. " What if I told you...I could take you away from this....?" He stretches out his hand as says those words in a hiss. The words echo though the young boys ears over and over again; then he looks at his sister's violent shakes and chattering teeth. He hears the sounds in rhythm and sees with each shake the light in her dim. With eyes of a man, he takes the strangers hand firmly and carries his sister on his back and walks to the unknown...

I was inspired by anime and manga which I love with a passion; it has gotten me through many tough times. And a very good friend also help with this too. this my first piece of fiction i wrote and my first short story. Hopey you enjoy it! ^-^

on Jul. 21 2013 at 3:44 am
thank you!!(⌒▽⌒)

KkatKreationz PLATINUM, Minerva, Ohio

"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken." :)
-Me.

OMIGOSH. I love it. the only thing that i didnt like is that it was long! but other than that- amazing!