The Girl | Teen Ink

The Girl

By Porfirio BRONZE, Bend, Oregon
Porfirio BRONZE, Bend, Oregon

The Girl

One stormy night, in a little place called Oak Village. There was a little girl called Erica Dietz who was riding her bicycle home from school. Right before she got home she saw a pail little girl looking through the window of an old abandoned home. The little girl was waving at Erica very slowly. She looked lonely and sad as if she had no friends. Erica waved back and went home. The next day the same thing happened but this time she saw a different girl. This one looked younger and worse than the last one. This happened for 16 days, each day a different girl. The last girl didn’t wave at Erica, instead she spoke. She said four clear words with her little girl voice, “come play with me.” Erica got off her bike and got closer. The girl said it again, “come play with me.” The closer Erica got to the house the louder the girl’s voice became. Once she reached the door it became completely silent. Erica opened the door and walked in side. Suddenly the door closed behind her. It was completely dark, she couldn’t see her hands in front of her face. Then she heard the voice again, “I’m up here, my mommy and daddy left me here because I was a bad girl.” Erica followed the voice up the stairs. Then when she finally made it to the top she saw a light turned on in a room. She walked over to the room and opened the door. Inside she saw the first little girl in a corner of the room. She also saw 16 mirrors all lined up in two rows. Each mirror had one of the little girls she saw at the window. Then with their creepy little girl voices they all said together, “we are all little girls who came to play with this little girl, you are one of us now.” The little girl that was in the corner was gone. Erica turned around to run to the door and there was the girl. Her face was dripping with blood. She grabbed Erica and said very slowly, “one of us.” And no one saw Erica Dietz ever again.

**This is a scary story I heard in Mexico. Supposedly this is a real tale. So beware!