The biggest mistake | Teen Ink

The biggest mistake

By avina BRONZE, Sacramento, California
avina BRONZE, Sacramento, California

Packing and saying our goodbyes to the people we grew up with. The people we’ve learned from and who have gained our trust. The main event is beginning, and my life is slowly coming to an end. “No, I’m not leaving!” I shouted at my parents. I wasn’t ready to move out of the house I grew up in nor was I ever going to be okay with throwing my life away. Making new friends was one of the most difficult things I had to do once we moved. It took me years to make true and real friends. As of now I’ve adapted to the changed in my life and took them in little by little. Yet, I still couldn’t get my old one back. After all, it’s already been two years. Still, the worst part about moving from Santa Clara to Sacramento was that I never felt safe. There were always crowds of vampires saying the creepiest things in the scariest ways. “I’m hungry,” a crusty, wrinkly, male and pale vampire stuttered. By hungry he meant blood, and by blood…he meant humans! The whole city could hear them because they were the Great Vampires of Bridgetown. Also known as the deadliest place on Earth. In all honesty this place was worse than hell. It was like a desert IN hell. No beaches, nothing exciting to do. My life is practically over. On top of that, all of the bitches here are basic. I’d rather make friends with the vampires. I remember the beginning of freshmen year all of these horrible girls thought they were top dollar. Luckily towards the end of the year karma hit these group of conniving girls. Dollar bills were swarming in the air, attacking all the negative things here in Sacramento within the blink of an eye. I wasn’t so sure about my emotions at the time. Whether to be excited or scared. But… where I was standing now was my hometown! Santa Clara, California. With my family right by my side. A soft breeze from the Pacific Ocean brushed the pain off my shoulders. Life here was just so peaceful and calm.” I can’t wait to continue the true life I started with.” I happily whispered to myself.

The way I wrote this story gives my readers the chance to connect. I was inspired to write this because it was the biggest event in my life, so far, that I was forced to go through.

jeffmj77 said...
on Sep. 18 2013 at 10:24 am
I meant narrative.  This is a personal narrative about moving.  I'm going to share it with my 10th graders today.  They are writing an Autobiographical Narrative also.  Hope your year is awesome so far.

jeffmj77 said...
on Sep. 18 2013 at 10:20 am
I love this.  You took this essay and made it yours.  I'm going to share it with my students today.