Life of Marissa Colton | Teen Ink

Life of Marissa Colton

By swim_2017 GOLD, El Paso, Illinois
swim_2017 GOLD, El Paso, Illinois

Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender that is strength.-Arnold Schwarzenegger

The Life of Marissa Colton
Marissa Colton Age ten years old. Marissa was at school one day and a man came and picked her up from school. The man told the secretary of the school that he was her uncle and she was supposed to go to a dentist appointment. When Marissa got in that car it was the last time anybody saw her for four years.
I had been on this case for four years trying to find the creep who took a little girl from her school. I went straight to work that day and he had already known he just hadn’t called me yet. We brought in almost every older man that Marissa knew. No luck everyone was going to give up it had been a week but I didn’t. Weeks had passed into months and months into years before we had gotten any leads. I will never forget when a 25 year old man came in looking for me. It was Marissa’s brother, Marcus had said that he saw his little sister at a gas station she was in the car and she saw her brother and she tried to get out but the door was locked. The man came and drove away but he followed them and found the address. The address was 249 market streets New York City. The man who lived there was Andrew Rodríguez. I and four other squad cars pulled up to the house. We knocked on the door no answer we went upstairs and found her hiding in the closet from him, she was so scared. But she told us that he was here he was in the back yard. Building a little house for others girls to sleep in. we had a S.W.A.T team waiting for him out front. So I radioed my chief telling them to go to the back yard and sure enough he was there. We arrested him for kidnaping, he got life in prison. But he will serve the death penalty tomorrow. It has been two years since we found her, two years in prison doesn’t sound like much but he won’t be seeing the light of day any longer. Reporter and detective Charlotte Buckingham