The Dissapearance | Teen Ink

The Dissapearance

By atroppman BRONZE, Grove, Oklahoma
atroppman BRONZE, Grove, Oklahoma

At Northridge High, being popular was everything. The Sweets are a group of four girls that everyone wanted to be a part of. It was let by a girl named Clary Smith who could make or wreck a person’s reputation like she did to Maddison Everpool in the 9th grade. Clary and her minions were picking on a new kid named Jace and Maddison stepped in to stop the bullying. She went from a popular to a social outcast in a matter of minutes from a mass text.

That day was when I, Sarah Brown was chosen to be part of Clary’s group because she loved my clothes, which is what she said but was obviously not the reason. She knew my mother had disappeared and that my father was so drunk out of his mind every day. She knew that I could always go to parties and hang out with them no matter the circumstances. All I am is another robot in The Sweet Army. Today we are all going into our 12th year at Northridge and so much has already changed and it’s only the first day.

Over the summer I met Brooklyn Swan and she became my best friend. That all changed when her and I got out of her mom’s car on the first day. A man grabbed her and threw her into a van. I tried to fight and hold onto her by the hands but the man was too strong. What I didn’t realize is that she had slipped a piece of paper into my jacket pocket because she knew she was going to be taken. On the paper were the names Jace Williams, and Maddison Everpool. I would have never thought I’d need these two people to find my best friend, to find our best friends. She never mentioned that she was friends with them. This was only the start of finding Brooklyn Swan.

I have just started writing to relieve stress in my life.