Just A Scary Thought | Teen Ink

Just A Scary Thought

December 8, 2012
By Tia-Cymone Weaver SILVER, Kansas City, Missouri
Tia-Cymone Weaver SILVER, Kansas City, Missouri
5 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Just A Scary Thought


You know when you’re home alone, and you hear those bumps and thumps and other noises? If you’re like me you ignore it and find something to take your mind off it, or maybe you just decide it’s your imagination and continue doing what you’re doing or maybe you’re brave enough to go see what it is and decide it’s just the pipes or that the house is old. But what if it wasn’t just the house or the pipes or your imagination. What if while you were ignoring it, it got louder and closer and more distinctive? What if when you went to go investigate, you found something you weren’t looking for, like a lion or a tiger or a bear, oh my! Or maybe you found something worse like a body or a familiar looking finger or a note that read you’re next, in blood! What if while you were blasting the music or television, something or someone snuck up on you with a weapon or worse your best friends head? What if it was just your imagination and you’re hearing things or going crazy? What if!? But perhaps you’re right and it is just nothing and maybe I just have an over active imagination. Maybe I’m the one that’s crazy. Or maybe I’m the one that’s going bump and thump in your house when you’re home alone. I’m not saying that I am but I’m not saying that I’m saying that I’m not.