Halloween Day | Teen Ink

Halloween Day

December 3, 2012
By Dan2013 SILVER, Pasco, Washington
Dan2013 SILVER, Pasco, Washington
5 articles 0 photos 0 comments

On a rainy, windy night there were little kids knocking door to door screaming “trick or treat!” asking for candy then running off to the next house. All the big houses filled with the Halloween spirit, were decorated with skeletons. On the ground, coming out of graves, there were dead zombies crawling and popping out to scare whoever came by.
Tim was walking with his friends and where laughing and enjoying candy they had taken away from little kids. They kept on walking for a while, when they noticed that they were lost. No one was familiar with the neighborhood, but they kept on walking. After a while they noticed they ended up next to the woods. One of the friends had the brilliant idea to go through the woods; he wanted to see if it was a faster way to get to their houses, Tim knew it wasn’t a good idea.
The weather got worse and the wind had picked up. It began to rain and the woods looked liked an entrance to a scary jigsaw. Tim got a weird feeling to his stomach when his friends started making fun of him saying, “You go first if you’re not a chicken,” but he didn’t want to look like a chicken to his friends and ran to the woods.

Screaming to his friends, “Don’t let the ghost catch you!” and laughed loud to his friends, Tim ran as fast as he could. All his friends began to run to catch up to him; they kept on pushing each other to get a head start. Tim kept on running, running into branches scratching his hands, shoulders and even his face; almost slipping from the ground being wet so he decided to walk. It was pitch black and he could barely see anything. Tim felt something run through his legs and he got freaked out, and took out his phone for some light support. His phone showed it had no battery, and was about to die.
He began to hear branches braking and a weird noise. With a fright voice Tim asked, “Who’s there!?” it was dark and he could barely see anything he began to yell to his friends, “Where are you guys, stop messing around!”
Tim started to walk through the branches trying to find his way out the woods, but with no luck. Starting to get scared and realizing that he was lost, and had no phone to contact anyone, he heard a little boy’s voice giggling. He began to think it’s one of his friends playing mind tricks with him and started laughing. He told his friend to come out, he waited for a bit, but there was no response. He walked towards where he heard the voice, and when he checked to see, there was no one.
Tim got freaked out and started to walk faster when he heard the little boy giggling again. He turned around to see where it came from, but didn’t see anything. When all of a sudden he felt something poking his shoulder, it was a little boy. He was wearing black clothes with white make up, and was covered with fake blood. Tim jumped and screamed, “Who are you?! Where did you come from?! What are you doing here?”
The little boy said with a quiet voice, “I’m lost can you help me?”
Tim was so freaked out and all he said was, “Who are you? What are you doing here? “
The little boy responded the same, “I’m lost can you help me?”
Tim didn’t know what to do but he said, “Ok just follow me. “
Even though he didn’t know who he was, he imagined that his parents must be looking for him. They started walking and he didn’t even know where they were headed. He was getting frustrated that he couldn’t find and exit out the woods. Tim shouted to his friends, “Is anyone out there?!” but still no response.
The kid asked Tim, “Who are you yelling at?”
“To my friends.”

The kid said, “There’s no one here.”

Tim ignored him, he knew that his friends where there, they just couldn’t hear him. They kept on walking for a while when the little kid said, “We’re lost” and started running off.
Tim said, “Where are you going? Wait up for me!”And started running after the boy. He couldn’t see the little boy, but he kept on hearing him say, “Over here. “ He followed the voice of the boy. Tim didn’t want to lose him.
When finally he saw the boy, he was standing and staring straight. Tim noticed that there was light outside of the woods, it must be an exit.
He could see the lights of a house and hear his friends laughing. When he heard them he ran to them yelling, “Where have you guys been? “
They responded “We’ve been waiting for you to get out of the woods. We were getting worry”
Tim says, “Yea right. You guys were playing tricks with me, and if it wasn’t for this little boy I would’ve of still been lost in the woods.”
All of his friends looked around and were talking at the same time, “We’ve been out of the woods for at least 20 minutes. It wasn’t that hard to find the exit,” and “What little boy are you talking about?”
Tim turned around to show them that the boy was behind him, but he wasn’t there, all his friends started laughing and calling him crazy.
Tim says, “NO, for real s guys, there was a little kid right there!” and he pointed at the exit of the woods. His friends called him crazy and told him they wanted to go home.
Tim thought to himself, “Was I hallucinating or going crazy?”
They started walking home. When they all got home he couldn’t sleep good that night, all he could think about was the little boy.
The next day on his way to school he stopped by a gas station to get a Strawberry Kiwi Arizona drink. On his way out he noticed that there was a posting of a little boy who went missing for 5 months and was found dead 2 weeks ago in the woods. He looked at the picture of the little boy and noticed it was the same boy that helped him out of the woods!