Secrets of a Mafia Daughter | Teen Ink

Secrets of a Mafia Daughter

By Riah772 GOLD, Brooklyn, New York
Riah772 GOLD, Brooklyn, New York

I sighed, crouching in the corner of the room, raising my legs up to my chest to keep myself hidden. My father glared at the man from across the room, his face a mask of rage and dislike.

" You didn't bring him to me!" he snarled, grabbing the man by his collar.

He shoved the man into the wall, a crack echoing off the molten walls.

"Sir please, I'm sorry. He -he ran away before we could grab him!"

The man grabbed my father's hands, staring into father's eyes, pleading for mercy. I whimpered, knowing well enough that father had no liking of the man. He sneered, his eyes gleaming with delight. His mouth turned up in a smirk as laughs erupted from his lips.

" You're right" he bellowed, " I shouldn't punish you for actions such as that!"

Father continued to laugh, his voice a deep bellow. I pulled my legs up higher, not wanting to watch the scene I knew would unfold. Father backed away, his hand unclasping the man's collar. The man fell to the floor, his body falling with a thud.

"Thank you, thank you so much sir. I won't-".

The man's word were cut off as a shot filled the air. I screamed, covering my ears in fright. The man's eyes closed, a grunt erupting from his lips. Blood seeped from the wound in his chest. My father smirked as he stuffed his pistol back into his pocket. He watched the man as his life went away with glee.

This was my father. This was my life, my life as a Mafia Daughter