The mysterious Man | Teen Ink

The mysterious Man

By CrazyWriter14 SILVER, Durand, Michigan
CrazyWriter14 SILVER, Durand, Michigan

army strong, i hide my true self behind a smile.

Chapter 1: The Dream

I see red everywhere. Everything a blur all I know is I have to find a safe place. I hike up my long silky, flowy, dress. I look down, my stockings haven’t been affected by the liquid rolling off my boots in little droplet. I begin o run. To where? I don’t know. A blonde curl falls into my eyes.

A blur goes by me, I freeze. I see off into the distance someone or something. It moves, and is heading straight towards me. I will myself to move, but it’s like I’m stuck to the ground the figure is moving far faster than what I thought possible.

“Emily. How splendid to see you.”

I wake up in complete terror. I’m frozen with fear. “What just happened?” I’m covered in a cold sweat; my white silk nightgown soaked with it is sticking to me. My cotton sheets are wet from the sweat. The figures face I can now see is a man. It is seared into my eyes, Blue eyes as bright as the ocean, bright white teeth as white as chalk, and hair as brown as mud. It was all the things that the perfect guy had but he had one thing I found terrifying he had sharp fangs.

He seemed oddly familiar, like he seemed to know me, like he was my friend. My eyes started to become very heavy all of a sudden and droop. The next thing I know I was falling asleep in my bed wondering how he knew me.
Chapter 2

“Miss Emily.” A soft delicate voice said. “Miss Emily you have a visitor. You must wake.” It was my lady’s maid rose. I slowly opened my eyes. “Miss you have a visitor.”

“Who is calling at this time of morn?” I asked as I slowly get out of my bed.

“A new neighbor, very handsome, seems to be about your age Miss.” She started to help me out of my night gown. She set it on my red clothed vanity chair. She walked over to my closet pulled out my corset and a red flowy dress. My stockings freshly laundered were sitting at the edge of my bed. I grabbed them and continu7ed to put them on. “Miss you know better. It is my job to do that.”

“Yes I know this but I would like to do some things myself. I shan’t depend on you for everything I do.” I protested and with that I seen she had given in.

”Alright then Miss, I could do with a rest. Been on my feet all morning don’t you know” The plump brunette sat down. She had her long wavy hair in a bun, she was about my age about sixteen, brown muddy eyes and freckles a top her nose. She had been my best friend sense birth, even mother says the same.

“So he is my new neighbor? I suppose the ricks?” I finished my stockings and started on lacing my long black boots.

“Yes ma’am he is, tis their son who has been away since his youth. Boarding school don’t you know.” I finished with one of my boots and laughed. Only rose would think boarding school was a horrible thing. “Rose, tis not bad going to a boarding school. Tis the same as having a tutor you just have to share him with other students in one room. Mother and father gave me the choice but I rather then going wanted to stay in the town I live in. I wanted to be close to mother and father.” I stood up and started stripping my gown.

“Oh! Sorry miss. I thought tis something else. A place to send bad children tis what I thought.” She put my corset around me, not that I needed it. I was small, tiny really. “Can you breathe miss?” Rose asked as she pulled it tighter.

“Tis perfect if u should pull any more I shall burst.” Rose chuckled, and tied it deftly with fingers that were coordinated to from years of practice. She had been the one to tie it since I begun wearing one. Without it I wouldn’t be proper.

She brought my dress over to me. It was red with any frilly tears of ruffles and lace. It had a pretty sash that lay across the stomach. The color was black with one red rose on the left side. “Rose we have my hair to do still. I think it should go down today, with curls.” She put back the dress.

“Yes Miss Emily.” She came over and brushed my hair, and then put some curling cream in it.

“Now for the dress Rose.”
“Sorry miss. I just am hastily moving so he doesn’t get too dulled.”
“You are fine. I agree, I hope he doesn’t get too bored and decide to leave before we are acquainted.” I bit my lip. She put the dress out towards me. I stepped in and pulled it up. It is extremely heavy, tis what I get for having many layers and ruffles.
I have my dress straightened and on, so I exit my room with Rose on my heels. I get to the parlor and his back is to me. He’s sitting facing my mother and father instead, sitting I my favorite chair. My mother sees me. “Oh Mr. Rick, I mean Austin. This is our youngest daughter Emily.” He turned and I couldn’t breather. He was the man from the dream.

The End for Now

i wanted it to be a book but i dont have enough words yet:(

on Dec. 12 2012 at 10:14 am
hannah harwood, Fenton, Michigan
AAAAAMMMMAZING