Black Glass

I pressed my hand against the cool, tranquil glass. My reflection was barely recognizable through the fluorescent glares gleaming off the sheet of glass. Closing my eyes, I could feel the blood pulsating through my veins, and I could feel the glass start to warm up. On the other side of the glass was a figure, much taller than me, whose hand was mirrored exactly as mine except on the opposite side. The warmth stretched up and captivated each and every nerve cell up through my neck. Soon enough, my entire body was numb and my eyes were locked on the figure's. My head rolled from shoulder to shoulder, and I felt a rush of adrenaline flood my body. A ghost of a smile was placed on the figure's face, and then a black sheet was thrown over my head.

SkippyPeanutbutter said...
today at 4:21 am:
I like that this piece keeps you thinking long after you've read it. It's mysterious and dark and really well written, without excessive length. 

TaylorWintryThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
today at 10:15 am :
Thanks for the feedback!

RarelyJadedThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Feb. 5 at 6:48 pm:
This is really powerful! The crystal clear imagery is breathtaking!

jetta.ckThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Mar. 2 at 2:04 pm :
Thank you so much (:

KnitsandPurlsThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Good Work! This is a good example of a story that is powerful without having much plot. Every detail is powerful. There are no unnecessary sentences to trim. If anything, I would add a bit about who this hooded figure is. (Though this is not strictly necessary.) Very, very, good work. --KnitsAndPurls

taylor.bugThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Dec. 8, 2012 at 8:01 pm :
Thank you! I'll definitely take your advice into consideration. thank you for commenting!