Halloween Possesed | Teen Ink

Halloween Possesed

By TheDarkCryLove PLATINUM, Cleator Moor, Other
TheDarkCryLove PLATINUM, Cleator Moor, Other

"if you rush life, you are only rushing closer to death" - Anthony Cole
"it is what you read when you don't nead to, that determins what you will be when you can't help it" - Oscar wilde

The sun sets in a pool of bright red blood, as fog crawls over the land in a long blanket, smothering the flowers in choking clouds. The moon light rose, and made this night even drearier, and everyone knows what it is today. They lock their doors, click! Click! After calling down the street, begging for their children to come inside.

I stand there in a pool of mist, the street light fluttering behind me, casting a grim silhouette. Today is the day, every year it comes around, children always play in this humble little town. But not tonight, years ago maybe so, but for many years now, this day has been feared because of me.

I am the one in the stories told, to frighten the children at night. They think I hide under a bed or behind cupboard doors, but nay I walk the streets like any other soul, every single day, but they don’t care.

I see a house still has its lights on inside, I need to tell them it’s bed time don’t I? so I knock on the door with a gentle rap, as it falls from its frame and onto the floor, a man holding a gun at me, his wife pushing dear children up stairs, but I told them all, one by one “so not fear” as their blood dripped down my fingertips, this sensation so dear.

I am the monster of Halloween

Good night

I needed to make a short story for Halloween, so here it is