The Hallway Of Life | Teen Ink

The Hallway Of Life

September 14, 2012
By foreverHope BRONZE, New Bedford, Massachusetts
foreverHope BRONZE, New Bedford, Massachusetts
2 articles 0 photos 3 comments

Favorite Quote:
"I knew you would be right beside me the day i died. I just didn't realize you would be holding the knife"



























-Mikaeyla


I am trapped. I walk down a dimly lite hallway that looks as though it never ends. "This is no place for a 5 year old." I think to myself. I am wearing a dust and dirt covered dress that falls to my knees and sandals. I have been telling myself for days that I would eventually get out of this endless hall; but every door I try to open is locked. I have never been so nervous in my life. I have no idea how i even got here. I keep walking down the corridor when I faintly hear a piano in the distance.
I walk quietly torward the music. I almost don't want to; but it may be my only chance to get out of here. I stop dead in my tracks when I see the piano being played on its own. The keys are moving. But there is nobody playing. I realize the piano may be a trap.
I turn to go back where I came from, when i come face to face with the composer. The dark sinicle man reaches his hand into my chest. When he removes his hand; he is holding my heart. i see my small fragile heart beet in the palm of his hands. He squeezes my inicent beating heart allowing blood to fall onto the floor. Followed by my body.