Twisted Nightmare | Teen Ink

Twisted Nightmare

By Blaize BRONZE, Snohomish, Washington
Blaize BRONZE, Snohomish, Washington

"In the begining, I tried to warn you. You play with fire, its gonna burn you." -A song

"Every child has a secret. Some are deeper then you may think." -me

"Brother?"
"Yes?"
"Are you going to leave like daddy did?"
"No! I would never do that! As long as you need me I will be by your side."
"Not even if mommy tells you to?"
"Not even then."

'Lies' I thought, while running down the dark and empty hall. It seemed there was no end, like one of the never ending staircases in those storybooks brother would read me. Only in those stories the children were never abandoned. Tired of running, I fell to my knees in the middle of the hall, crying. Relentlessly I screamed into the darkness, "YOU LIED! YOU SAID YOU WOULD ALWAYS BE HERE! THAT YOU WOULD NEVER LEAVE ME!"
'I didn't leave you, you left me.'
Startled, I widened my eyes in shock. My brother never resorted to talking to me telepathically. He said it was an invasion of privacy, even though we were twins and knew everything about each other. Or, at least I thought we did.

Suddenly, the walls started spinning and I was no longer in the hallway of our mansion. Looking around I tried to gather my bearings and figure out where I was, but it was dark, and there were no windows. Then everything snapped into place. I was in my room at the house we lived in as children. There were no windows and the door locked from the outside. I was never allowed to leave, so I doubt there is hope of escaping now. Scared, I threw my back against the wall and slowly slid down it, curling into a ball.

"Now, Now, that's no fun. Are you even going to try and escape?"

Gasping, I looked up. I knew that voice anywhere, it belonged to my boyfriend, Ichiro-Senpai, but no matter how hard I tried I couldn't seem to find him. The room is only so big, but it is pitch black in here.

"Don't tell me your quiting the game already? And I planned on having some fun."

"Huh?"

"Come on, lets play!"

Something was wrong. He sounds darker then usual, almost...almost like a vampire. Dark, Evil, and hidden in the shadows. "Ichiro-Senpai, are you feeling o-" before I could even finish my sentence, the door to the room swung open and my mother flew in. Instinctively my hands flew up to protect my face, but to no avail. Standing in-front of me my mother sneered down at my obviously poor posture.

"That's not how young ladies sit, STAND UP NOW!" she screamed, grabbing me by my hair and pulling me up to my feet. Scared and knowing where this was going, as it has happened many times before, I stood straight and showed off military posture. If this wasn't enough to scare me, a little girl that looked a lot like my dead sister started skipping around me in circles, singing.

"Ring around the rosy, A pocket full of posies, Ashes, Ashes We all fall down!"

"Now be quiet Cassandra, there is no need to be singing that silly song!" my mother yelled at her before grabbing me and shoving me against the wall. I was about to ask why when something hit her from behind, causing her to fall to the ground. When I looked up to see who it was that saved me, I nearly cried out in relief.

"ICHIRO-SENPAI!" I went to give him a hug, but he sidestepped at the last minute, causing me to fall to the ground. When I looked up to him about to cry, he spoke.

"What makes you think I would want to hug a rat like you?"

"but- BUT YOUR MY BOYFRIEND!" I really started crying now. I never thought my own boyfriend would turn against me. Especially not after my brother got eaten by a demon, and on my birthday of all days!

"You really think I could love someone like you? IT WAS ALL A LIE! I just used you to get closer to your friend," he said before laughing evilly and walking off. The little girl who still holds a startling resemblance to my dead sister followed behind him.

'It was all a lie' his words kept repeating over and over in my head. Completely depressed and heartbroken I covered my ears and rocked back and forth, singing the lullaby my father would sing to me as a child.

"Circa mundum veniam

Tardius evolving dum somnum

Leniter pluvia cadit, sedatione neruos

Ut cano hoc mitis SOPIO,

Goodnight Goodnight
Somnum meum delicias, Cum vigilaveris, ego esse hic

Goodnight Goodnig-"

I was about to sing the second verse when a small noise interrupted me. Looking up I spotted a small black cat sitting in-front of me, and confused I looked around. I was no longer in the cold dark room, but rather in a alley. Jumping up shocked and scared, I ran only to run right into a person.

"You should watch where your going," Ichiro-senpai said, pulling out a long thin blade and pointing it at my throat. "Someone might just take offense," and with that he shoved his the knife forward.

....................................

Screaming I jolted up trying to get a hold of my surroundings. Looking around I recognized a few people, my brother...his butler...and my boyfriend. Crying I jumped up and hugged my brother. "YOUR ALIVE!"

"I was never dead.." he muttered quietly, looking at me with concern. Slowly Ichiro-senpai came forward and pulled me into a hug, looking hurt when I flinched away.

"That must have been quite the dream you had," he muttered in my ear. "huh?" I questioned while trying to comprehend what just happened. Then it hit me, I fell asleep in the garden while doing my homework. Surveying my surroundings once again, I noticed that the tree I fell asleep under was now laying on its side. I must have knocked it over while I was dreaming. 'Oops..' I thought.

"And that, is why demons don't sleep," I announced, which earned me a nice laugh from everyone.

I woke up from a nap and was bored, my writing isn't at its best because I was half asleep. Sorry. The lullaby the character sings is an old Latin lullaby my father used to sing.