Unknown | Teen Ink

Unknown

September 15, 2012
By Vagabond SILVER, New Delhi, Other
Vagabond SILVER, New Delhi, Other
8 articles 0 photos 107 comments

Favorite Quote:
Every end is a new beginning;
What a caterpillar calls an end the rest of the world calls a butterfly;
"Begining are normally sacary endings are normally sad,
it's in the middle which makes life worth living"


“Is this the way you want it to end?” asked the stranger in front of me.
“Yes” I replied, firmly.
“Don’t you think you are a bit excited?” he questioned.
“Excited?! Why do you say…of course not?” I insisted.
“Have you though upon it?” he doubted.
I paused for a moment “Have I?” I questioned myself. Is this right? Should I do it? Is it safe? I have been planning for this for so long…I just can’t let it go…
“Yes, I am” I finally said
Silence.
Slowly the man bent forward in his swinging chair and said, “Have you thought upon the consequences?”
Before I could answer, two men stuffed in woollens came in the room. One of them was very fat and kept on smiling, where as the other was very thin and had a straight face. He had abandoned expressions years ago. He didn’t show happiness, or sadness. Just no emotions at all. The man looked at both of them. Nodded and left. I was left alone with the two men. I looked out of the window and saw my car. It was covered with snow. The wind was blowing very hard. I could hear the whooshing sound inside the room.
“Cold… isn’t it?” I commented. But the two gentlemen decided to ignore my comment.
Sometime later the same man returned and gave them a look. They both nodded and left.
“Uh….So…?”
“So…you get it…”
“What?”
“ I mean it’s your decision and you do it in your own risk.”
“So it’s a yes?!!!!” I somewhat stated.
Just then the thin man entered with a file. He handed me the file and said, “You’re hell of a journalist!”
In my hand I had the file that I have been struggling for. This file had the names and proofs regarding all the corrupt officers. Taking the file, I re-traced my steps to my car. I tilted my head back and laughed, laughed at my victory, at my achievement.