Paper Shredder | Teen Ink

Paper Shredder

By Tiffiny22 GOLD, Warrenton, Virginia
Tiffiny22 GOLD, Warrenton, Virginia

"Lose one friend, lose all friends, lose yourself" - boy meets world.
"Dreams don't always have to exist while the sun's down and your eyes are shut." - Alex Gaskarth

"Piece of Paper near Paper Shredder"

I can't move, I can't talk. All I can do is watch. Watch the others' lives end with the push of the button. Listen to The Monster as it tears them up, one piece at a time. Waiting to be next, wishing to be next. For it to all just be over.
I don't recognize any of the ones who are slaughtered, they are all so different. Different, but the same; terrified, helpless, and innocent. It's not as if they did anything to deserve this fate. They were just in the wrong place, at the very wrong time.
I suppose I should be grateful that I'm still here, lying so close to The Monster, but lucky enough to not be chosen. Yet.
But Why am I still alive. Why haven't I been chosen? Wouldn't it just be easier to shred me into scraps like the others?
Being bound and gagged, I feel like a piece of paper near a paper shredder.

It's hard being the wife of serial killer.

I attended a writing camp, and our first writing prompt was "Piece of Paper near a Paper Shredder."

Tiffiny22 GOLD said...
Tiffiny22 GOLD, Warrenton, Virginia

Thanks so much for the feedback and advice! I'll be sure to go over that part carefully when I have time to revise it. :)

villain123 said...
villain123, Bridgewater, New Jersey

"I'm okay with war as long as nobody gets hurt."

At first I thought this was about anthropomorphic paper, so the ending caught me off guard. I like the metaphor. The phrase "different, but the same" doesn't make much sense by itself, you should note how they were different.