Shadows Across The Room | Teen Ink

Shadows Across The Room

June 15, 2012
By Konalia GOLD, Orlando, Florida
Konalia GOLD, Orlando, Florida
19 articles 0 photos 1 comment

With the sun light bleeding in my window, and me trying to block it out. I don't want to wake up. Not now, not tomorrow, not ever. Not after what happened last night.

With shadows running across my wall, tormenting me as I try not to look at them. I try closing my eyes and going back to sleep but when I do I only see you disguised as the shadows that run across my room all day and night.

There was no escape from you. From your shadows.

At first I could escape you in my dreams, but now it's just you. You have gotten into my most inner thoughts. And there is nothing I can do.

"It wasn't me! I swear I didn't do it!" I screamed and you just looking me dead in the eye. Just looking, staring not moving, like you were studying me. Like you didn't believe me. Then poof you were gone.

But the shadows weren't. They ran across the room like they were mocking me. I couldn't understand.

With the shadows slowly moving from the walls to the crack in between the floor and the wall, to the cracks in the floor. Slowly strangling me alive.

I'm by myself now. My mom left me thinking I was crazy.

Well not all alone... I have you, Jack. You and our shadows.

I don't know how much longer I can take you, Jack. Your driving me insane. What do you want from me!?

"This is my Goodbye letter. I want to say goodbye to everyone. I now have figured out that I am alone... Almost alone. To my family and friends... You told me you would be there by my side. Always. But when you said that, you didn't think I would go insane. Well let me tell you this I am NOT insane! But now after months I have given up. Good Bye, Jack.
Love yours truly Macy.

** Months after they found me. Hanging in the middle of my room, My body cold, and blue. With the sun light bleeding into my room. Me and Jack talk now. Now understanding what he wanted from me.**