Preview (Into the Darkness) | Teen Ink

Preview (Into the Darkness)

June 12, 2012
By lisTKM GOLD, Sheboygan, Wisconsin
lisTKM GOLD, Sheboygan, Wisconsin
18 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
keep dreaming, because the best is yet to come


And there it was again, the noise, a loud repeating thump.
Thump, thump, thump.
Who could it be so late at night? It's 10:00 for pete's sake.
you rush to the front door, and swing it open, but are greeted by the cool, crisp summer night.
Nothing but he whistling of the wind through the tree tops, and a symphony of crickets in the grass below.
No cars grace your ,usually busy, street.Not even a single customer at the Bp across the street, you squint a little harder trying to remember if you saw anyone working tonight, no one.
How can one town just, stop working? Where is everybody?
Fear slowly creeps up your spine, you slam the door shut and lock it behind you as chills follow a trail of trepidation down your back.
If no one was at the door where is the noise coming from?
You practically jump out of your wits when you hear it again. Thump, thump, thump. Except this time its louder, it's closer. You're breathing thins, you're so still, paralyzed with fear that you can hear your heartbeat so loud, as if it's aware of impending doom it's trying to rip of your chest and break into a sprint.
Thump, thump, thump.
Now you begin to panic, it's so loud as if making it's way towards you. You're terror -stricken because you've realized what ever it is, it's after you.