Sleeping Beauty | Teen Ink

Sleeping Beauty

May 15, 2012
By Shy&#39Anna Still BRONZE, Bridgeton, New Jersey
Shy&#39Anna Still BRONZE, Bridgeton, New Jersey
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

My eyes open to bright lights in a room that’s unfamiliar to me with a tremendous amount of soreness all over my body. I felt like I was under spell trapped in my own body for years. I try to sit up to see where I am but the dizziness and light headedness stopped me in my tracks. It is so hard for me to move especially in this tiny bed. As I try to move my pounding head, to the right of me I see a machine with red, yellow, blue, and green buttons and numbers on it. And beeps every few seconds like its keep track of something. Then, I see skinny tubes connected to it, connected to me. On my hands and arms are the same tubes that are on the machine. I look to my left and see a white board with times and names of people I never saw or heard of before. Beside that is a sink and cabinet over top of it. I’m in what looks like an old grandma robe with an old grandma quilt over top of me. I’m wondering why my head hurts so much. My heart starts pounding vigorously just as much if not as hard as my head. I’ve got to get out of here. I have to find Eden I thought. When I try to leave the bed my legs feels like 50 pounds of weights are on each of them. I used the little strength I have to tear the tubes off of me. They were stuck on my weakened body like leeches slurping blood from a reptile. The light headedness starts to affect me and my balance which knocks me off of my feet and my heavy body hits the cold hard floor. I try my hardest, my best to claw and reach to the giant door that seem so far away. As my weak arms reach to the door knob the doors starts to crack and open on its own with another light coming through. I hear and man’s and woman’s voice echoing in the room. I try to cry out to them but my throat felt dry as the Sahara Desert. I see their faces, but their faces and voices slowly started to fade away. My vision becomes blurry as I drift into what seems to be a dream, but feels like a nightmare.