What Happened Part 2

My dog and I burst into the house. I brushed my hair out of my face and looked around the living room for my mom, worry struck me when she was nowhere in sight, my dog went through the house furiously smelling the ground trying to find traces of my family. Not sure what was going on I ran up to the small TV that we had in the living room hurriedly trying to find the buttons to turn on the news. I hadn’t really been one to like the news or even watch it; I just knew that they would say something about the sky turning from a calming light blue to a horrible dark grey. I had completely forgot where my dog was in all of the panic I was going through. I stopped in my steps and whistled for her like I always did when I needed her, listening for her light steps I waited. All of a sudden something bumped the back of my leg, I gasped and spun around as fast as I could. My quick reaction at what happened left my dog staring at me like I was an idiot. Suddenly the news came on scaring my dog and I. Listening to the news, I was in a state of shock and disbelief. I bent down to pet my dog, “Hey Jessie, you’re a good girl… Good girl…” I said to her. I knew my dog did not know what was going on, but I wanted what may be some of the last words that she would hear to be nice and comforting.