Surprise Surprise | Teen Ink

Surprise Surprise

March 10, 2012
By red-punk GOLD, Trigg County, Kentucky
red-punk GOLD, Trigg County, Kentucky
12 articles 0 photos 12 comments

Favorite Quote:
sometimes its better to hate :D


“Sccrreeeeeecchh!” We all heard the loud screeching sound. We all turned our heads and saw a bigger pelztier than the one in the woods before. At least ten feet larger and fifty times heavier. My eyes widened larger and I turned and ran for it. Vlad and Caesar ran after me.

"Danielle! Oh my gosh I haven't seen you since, how long has it been?"

"Julie it's only been about 2 hours, why are you asking me that?" I looked at Julie like she was mad in the brain.

"Well, what are you talking about? I haven't seen you since what was it? Third or fourth grade? Just go with it, there are cute boys right there." Julie said through her clenching teeth.

"Oh yeah of course its been what four or five years, it's been so long!" Okay the only reason I went along with this is because those guys were cute, don't judge.
As soon I noticed the two cuties leave the food court, I looked over at Julie,

"Did you see them?!"

"Uh yeah, I'm the one who pointed them out!"
We giggled quietly to ourselves.

"Anyway are you coming over tonight or not my mom needs to know." I said looking up from my mothers text.

"Oh yeah, I can't tonight, I'm going to go see Caesar later." I looked at her with disgust on my face.

"Why in the world are you dating him? I mean honestly? He is a total twit." She looked at me like she was about to cry.

"I don't say anything about what I like and dislike about your boyfriend!!" Next thing I knew she turned and ran away crying. I mean what's not to like about Vladimir? He didn't do anything to get mentioned in this conversation, well nothing bad that is.
It was 7:30 when I walked through the front door.
"Where in God's name have you been young lady.” Oh great I just walked into a trap.
"Mom I was at the mall with Julie until she ran away crying cause I called Caesar a twit. Then I just hung out at the food court until now, you yelling at me in the front door. Anything else you want to know?" She looked at me like she was gonna kick my butt. My mom is a drunken idiot. My dad is never home, he always works late. He is the one who actually cares about what I do. I don’t like her at all. She thinks that she can boss me around even though she doesn’t care about what I do at all. I hope she goes and dies in a large hole.

“Look young lady, you will not talk to me....” I had to interrupt her.

“Okay. One, I’m not a young lady mother, I’m turning fifteen in July. Besides, you don’t care what I do or if I do it with some guy who might have herpes or something.” I turned right around and walked out of the house. I wanted to call Julie but I had a feeling she was still mad me for calling Caesar a twit.
“Julie come on please answer your phone. I said I was sorry please can I come to your house? My mom just sorta let me walk right out of the house I doubt she cares that I’m even gone. Please call me back when you get this message. Bye.” I hung up the phone and decided to go to the park and sleep there for the night.
When I woke up the next morning I saw, who else, standing above me? Caesar.

“Hey, uh quick question, why are you sleeping here?” I looked up at him and told him what I would tell anyone else, “I left my mom at home cause she is a drunken idiot and she didn’t bother coming after me. By the way, where is Julie?” Caesar looked at me like I was crazy.

“I haven’t seen her since last night. I dropped her off at your house, she said you were home so I left. That was the last time I saw her.” I looked at him like I was about to kill him.

“You left her at my house with my possibly drunk mother?!”

“Uh okay I know that sounds bad but, yes.”  I jumped on him and fought him like there was no tomorrow.

“You, you, I’m gonna kill you!” I started crying. Honestly I had a feeling my mother did something bad last night. Something strange happened though. Caesar held me close while I sobbed quietly. He looked down at me with pale white eyes. Then well let’s just say he kissed me. I know I have a boyfriend!!  But it was amazing, sadly I had to end it. My eyes flew open and I pulled away.

“What are you doing!?!” He looked at me with beautiful white eyes. I couldn’t resist them.

“Sorry I got too caught up in the moment.” He rubbed the back of his neck. I had a feeling he was thinking: “This is so embarrassing.”

“Caesar, you’re cute and I would like to date you but I think your a twit and I’m going out with your best friend!” He looked away, cheeks redder than a tomato.

“Hello my little angel.” My back tensed up. I could feel a hand touch my shoulder. I grabbed the hand and flipped the creep over my shoulder. The only problem was that creep was Vladimir. “Ow.”

“Vlad! Oh my gosh you scared me! I’m so sorry! I don’t know my own strength!” I helped him up and we walked together to the mall. I love the mall. It’s the only place I can go to be alone.

“Danny, you don’t have to apologize, I shouldn’t have scared you like that.” He laughed his cute little laugh. Vlad had jet black hair and deep purple eyes. He mainly wore black but that’s just about what sums me up too. I have jet black hair, pale blue eyes and I always wear black. Oh yeah Danny is my pet name for him. I giggled.
As Vlad and I walked towards the food court, I caught sight of one the T.V.s hanging around. I saw Julie’s face.

“Vlad, is, is that Julie?” I squinted my eyes. It was Julie I recognized her bleach blond hair. I ran up to get a closer look at what Julie did this time.The headline read out: “Julie Sanders: Found Dead outside of the Churchensville Library.” My heart stopped. I broke down and tears started to flow from my eyes like a dam had just broke inside of my head. I started to yell like nobody could here me.

“JULIE!!!!!! Why?!? Why? Who would hurt you?!” I continued to yell until two pairs of arms picked me up and carried me to the girls bathroom. My eyes were now black and I couldn’t stop crying. The last thing I said to her was her boyfriend was a twit then made out with him behind my boyfriends back. -_- I have problems.

I looked up to find Caesar and Vlad staring down at me. Caesars face as red like he had been crying as well. I got up and jumped into Vlad’s arms. I began to sob quietly to myself. My best friend was dead. How am I ever going to move on in life? I can’t live anymore I have to go and find her in the after life. I have to kill myself.

“Danny, you don’t have to kill yourself that won’t help anything.” I stopped. I turned toward Caesar.

“How did you know what I was thinking?” Vlad eyed him like it was something bad.

“You said it out loud silly. We should probably get you home.” I looked at Vlad.

“Vlad I didn’t say that out loud and there’s no way I’m going home. My mom is going to kill me, literally.” That’s when it hit me. My mom killed Julie. She got too drunk and killed Julie when she came looking for me.

“Danny, you okay?” Vlad was waving his hand in front of my face. I slapped his hand down and looked at them with a dumbfounded face.

“Don’t you get it?” They shook their heads no. “My mother killed her. She got too drunk after I ran off and when Julie came asking for me, my mom lost it and killed her.” Vlad and Caesar looked dumbfounded now.

“But how do we know it wasn’t an accident?”

“Caesar you’re joking right?” I looked at him. I made a move that looked like I was going to hit him. He flinched, I brought my hand back down.

“We have to go and find my mom. I walked out of the bathroom and two pairs of hands grabbed me.

“Is your name Danielle Bennett?” I was busted for who knows what I did.

“Yeah, what do you want and could you let go of my arms? I’m not going to run I’m too lazy.” The two large men dropped me and told me I had to go with them.

“Sorry, you two are a couple of handsome, nice looking men but no.” They grabbed me and handcuffed my hands behind my back.

“Danielle Bennett. You’re under arrest for the murder of Julie Sanders. You have the right to remain silent, anything you say might and will be used against you in the state of law. You have the right to an attorney, if you can not afford one, one will be given to you.” Yeah that’s about the part I just went black.

I woke hours later in the police station. I could hear phones ringing and people talking. Nobody would shut up. I opened my eyes and found myself sleeping on a jail bunk in a cell. I got up and walked over to the bars. I grabbed the bars and started yelling and shaking the bars. They ended up shattering to pieces. I guess I really didn’t know my own strength.

I walked casually down the hall and out a large metal door. I walked right into the office. Everyone immediately shut up. They all stared at me like I was stupid.

“What are you all staring at? Do I have a boogie?” I touched my nose.

“H..How did you get out of the cell? That was pure titanium. It was unbreakable and you couldn’t even slip through it no matter how thin you are.” One of the police interns choked out at last.

“Oh yeah about that, they sort of just shattered into pieces.” I smiled a little embarrassed. That’s when two police officers ran after me. I tried my best to run but like I said earlier, I’m lazy.

The two men grabbed my arms and threw me into an interrogation room. I stumbled to the ground and was close to hitting the table. I got up and went over to the one way mirror. I looked into it.

“I know your out there, I have seen my share of police shows. I want someone to get in here and tell me whats going on. I honestly have no idea.” I sat at the table and waited. What felt like two hours passed.

“That’s it! Let me out of here! I didn’t do anything. Let me out!!” I walked right up to the mirror and put my hand right through it. There wasn’t a single scratch on me. No where. The two police dill weeds came through the door.

“What the heck happened in here?!” One of them yelled.

“I told you I wanted out.” I looked at them with ease. “Now, what’s going on? I want answers!” I yelled at them until they told me what I was doing there.

“We think you killed Julie.” The Sargent said coming through the door looking at the glass pile on the floor. I looked at him.

“Why in the world would I want to kill Julie?!” I yelled, lets just say I wasn’t happy. Not one bit.

“Well, we found a voicemail on her phone of you apologizing to her for something. We think she didn’t accept the apology so you killed her.”

“Julie was my best friend, I loved her. She was like the sister I never had. Why would I want to hurt that? Why haven’t you talked to my mom about this? Caesar is Julie’s well was Julie’s boyfriend and he told me that he dropped her off at my house. I wasn’t there. My mom was probably drunk and did something bad to Julie. My mom is a drunk! Why haven’t you talked to her yet?! Besides that voicemail I was apologizing because I called Caesar a twit and she got all upset about it, and that was the last thing I ever said to her!!” I was yelling now. I began sobbing as tears and more tears fell from my eyes.

“Okay, we’ll take your advice on it and we’ll go and talk to your mom. I guess your free to go for now.” The Sargent escorted me out of the building, I was still crying. I pulled out my cell phone and dialed Vlad’s number. It went straight to voicemail. I had nobody else to go to, I called Caesar.

“Hello.”

“Oh hey Danny, what’s up?”

“I need you to come and get me from the police station.”


“Uh, but what about Vlad, can’t he come and get you?”

“No, his cell is off.”

“Uh okay, I’ll be there in like ten minutes.” He hung up and I started to walk. I walked half a mile toward the mall, before Caesar finally pulled up.

“Caesar it’s been how long? Thirty minutes? What exactly were you doing when I called you?” I yelled at him after I climbed into the little hybrid, out of the cold December air. A hybrid isn’t really the kind of car I imagined my best guy friend to be driving.

“That............ is none of your business.” I rolled my eyes.

“Yeah well whatever it was could you try to finish up next time, I think my hands are frozen together.” I looked at him with a smirk on my face.

“Anyway, you need to get back home, I need to know if the dunderheads ever talked to my mom. I hope they did, I mean I know she was the one who did it, it had to be.” I broke off in a small sob. One then two tears fell down my cheeks. I guess Caesar noticed the tears and he pulled into the McDonalds parking lot. He put the car in park.


“Look, Danny, I know what your going through, I do want to say that I never loved Julie as much as I loved you. I still love you, but Vlad got to you and I missed out.” Caesar bent down towards me, I looked at his white eyes. He kissed me again and this time I let it happen. I pulled away like before and I looked up at him.

“Caesar no, this isn’t right. I can’t do this right now, okay?” I got out the car and walked into the McDonalds. I ordered a BigMac and fries. I was surprised that Caesar hadn’t come in after me.

It was around maybe eight or nine when I walked out the McDonalds door. Caesar’s car was still in the parking-lot. Caesar was no where to be seen. I got worried, that’s when I heard grunts and something that sounded like trees, being knocked on with baseball bats. I walked towards the noise.

“Caesar, Caesar where are you?” I couldn’t see very well mainly because it was dark and I was in the woods. I noticed two figures fighting each other. It looked like Caesar and this big furry creature looking thing.

“Caesar, Caesar is that you?” Caesar turned around and I saw his pale white eyes were now dark red.


“Danny, get out of here! Go find Vlad, hurry take my car.” He threw me the keys and continued to fight off the creature. I looked at Caesar, I couldn’t just leave him like that he wasn’t strong enough to hold off whatever that was. That’s when Caesar bent down and stabbed the furry beast with what looked like a huge spear. He turned towards me and I saw fangs go up into his gums. His blood red eyes turned back to calm pale white and he ran towards me. I was terrified at this moment. I didn’t know whether to run or to stay put and wait for him to get closer. Either way, my legs stay glued to the ground.

“Why didn’t you go to the car like I said?”

“I......I couldn’t just leave you with him or her or whatever that was. I was scared.”

“Okay, let’s go to the car, I will explain on the way.”

“Wait, where are we going?”

“Anywhere but here. Call Vlad and let me talk to him.”

“Okay, but I called him earlier and his phone was off. So I don’t know if he will answer.” I flipped my cell phone open and dialed Vlad’s number. Like before it went to voicemail.

“He didn’t answer it went to voicemail. What do you want me to do?” Caesar looked at me and then out the window.

“Is there a mall in Saint Vanderbilt?” I thought about it for a second then nodded.


“We are about forty-five minutes or so from there, tell Vlad to meet us at the Saint Vanderbilt Mall.” I did as was told. I remembered seeing Caesars eyes turn red. I had to ask him about it.

“Caesar?”

“Yeah? What is it?”

“I don’t know how to put this, but I saw something else out in those woods and I want to know what it was.” Caesar sighed then continued to talk.

“Danny, I am a demonic guardian, me and Vlad, were sent here to protect you from the pelztier. That is what I was fighting before. I have been with you and Julie since I could remember. I am human but I am also something bigger than that. Danny, I don’t know how to say this but, the reason you barely ever see your dad is because, well he is Satan. Julie’s dad is God. Your fathers sent you both to Earth so you could live ordinary lives. Pelztiers are bigger and worst than Satan. God and Satan are working together to try and stop them, you and Julie were never suppose to be found. The pelztier wanted you both dead, they thought that if you and Julie knew what kind of power you both had in your hands, you could destroy them all. They have been hunting you since the day you were both born.”

I couldn’t look away from him. This had to be some joke, I mean seriously. Me? The daughter of Satan. There is no way. I didn’t believe him, this had to be one of Caesar’s sick jokes, but what was that thing that he killed back in the woods. How could I explain that? I guess I had no choice but to believe him and to trust him.

We were just driving onto the exit ramp of Saint Vanderbilt when I got a call from Vlad, finally.

“Hello?”

“Danny, where are you? What happened? Is Caesar with you?”

“Calm down, I’m fine, I’m with Caesar, we are in Saint Vanderbilt, and you have a lot of explaining to do. You need to meet us at the Saint Vanderbilt Mall. Okay?”

“Danny I’m already here. Let me talk to Caesar.” I gave the phone to Caesar and watched as he talked into the phone.

“Hey what’s up? Yeah I’m with her right now, yeah she is in the passenger seat. Yes, I told her everything, I doubt she believes me though. Yeah okay I’ll tell her, uh huh bye.” I looked at him as he handed me my cell phone.

“Well, what did he say?” Caesar looked over at me and then sighed,

“He said that he loved you and that he has something for you when we get to the mall.” I smiled, the smile vanished when I remembered Julie.

“Wait, what happened to Julie?” Caesar turned to me.

“The pelztier got her, I was careless, I thought that you would be home so I just left her there. A pelztier appeared and chased her toward the library. I guess it caught her and killed her.”

“Do you know if she went painfully?” Caesar looked away quickly like he didn’t want to tell me.

“Tell me, now.” I said it firmly.

“When a pelztier kills you, it injects poison into your blood stream with it’s fangs. It paralyzes you. As soon as you are paralyzed, they rip your body open and eat your insides out, not your heart or anything you can’t live without. They eat your skin and nails and hair. Then they leave you there to bleed to death. Through it all you can feel it all. All the pain. She went painfully.” I started to cry. All the time I thought that Caesar was a complete twit and that he shouldn’t be with Julie, all this time I thought it was all his fault. Well it was but still.

“Caesar, why did you kiss me? Why did you do it?” He looked away, I never got an answer.

We drove into the mall parking-lot around maybe ten thirty. We needed to find Vlad before more of those things come after me.

“Danny I have to worn you, pelztiers can take the shape of a human so, there could millions of them walking around in that mall. We have to keep a look out.” I looked at him as he turned and started to make his way toward the mall entrance. I grabbed his arm and pulled him back.

“Caesar, before we go in there I want to ask you one more question.”

“Okay but we need to hurry. What is the question?” I looked him right in the eyes.

“What are you?”

“I’m complicated.” He turned around and ran toward the entrance. I ran after him.

Caesar and I walked into the mall and right away I noticed millions of those hairy things. I turned to Caesar,

“Caesar, why can I see all of them? They don’t look anything like humans at all.” Caesar looked around, it was almost like he was confused.

“I guess your father has given you the key of sight. Now that you know you have to be able see what you fight.” I looked over at him. What was he talking about fight? We saw Vlad at the food court.

“Danny, Caesar, over here!” He called to us like nobody in the whole mall was trying to kill me at all. We walked over to the table he was sitting at. He handed me a box of chocolates and black roses.

“Wow thanks.” I let out a small grin. “What’s the occasion?” he just smiled.

“What, nothing for your bro?” Caesar smiled and they hugged each other. They started to laugh.

“Okay, it’s time to get down to some serious business. I need to know everything you know.” Vlad looked at me with his purple eyes.

“Okay, I know that you two aren’t really humans, you were sent here to protect me and Julie, I know what pelztiers are and I know how they kill a person. Anything else you want to know?”

“Well technically we are humans, it’s just a little weird to explain.” Vlad grinned.

“We need to get you as far from here as we possibly can. Vlad did you bring your car?” Caesar turned to Vlad.

“No I flew, didn’t have time to find the keys.” I was dumbfounded.

“Woe woe woe, you guys can fly?” Vlad and Caesar looked at each other than busted out laughing.

“Yes we can fly, you can too.” Vlad said wiping a pretend tear from his eye.

“Yeah, there is no way I can fly.”

“Yes you can, remember? Your Satan’s daughter.” My eyes widened. I’m not leaving this ground, no way! I don’t even know how to fly!

“Sccrreeeeeecchh!” We all heard the loud screeching sound. We all turned our heads and saw a bigger pelztier than the one in the woods before. At least ten feet larger and fifty times heavier. My eyes widened larger and I turned and ran for it. Vlad and Caesar ran after me.

“Danny, don’t run. They can smell the fear on your body.” We all stopped and stared. Everyone else in the mall were walking around casually like nothing was wrong.

“Why aren’t they running around like psychos?” I looked worried. I didn’t want any of the humans to get hurt or anything.

“The humans can’t see, feel, or hear them. Like Julie’s murder? Since the pelztiers don’t exists in this world, it looks like your mother was the one who did it.” I looked away, toward the creature. I was so scared. I looked down at my arm. I felt a sharp pain, as if I were getting a tattoo. Slowly a saying appeared on my arm. “mit jedem Nerv innerhalb meines Kopfes erkläre ich ganz die pelztier Toten.” I don’t why, but I had a feeling I was suppose to say it or something. The pelztier got closer to us. I stood up. The pelztier was five inches from my face. I yelled the saying as loud as I could.

“Mit jedem Nerv innerhalb meines Kopfes erkläre ich ganz die pelztier Toten!” The pelztier backed away.

“Danny what are you saying?” Caesar and Vlad looked at me. I started to rise off the ground. My eyes and mouth flew open. Light coming out of them both.

“Mit jedem Nerv innerhalb meines Kopfes erkläre ich ganz die pelztier Toten!!” A huge light flashed across the entire mall. The pelztier disintegrated.

“Danny what did you do?” Caesar and Vlad got up from behind the tipped over table.

“I, I don’t know. This saying just appeared on my arm, I just got this feeling that I was suppose to say it, so I did.” My head was throbbing, I could barely keep my eyes open. I collapsed.

I awoke, what felt like hours later. I looked up and saw Vlad and Caesar talking to each other. I wanted to yell to one of them but that’s when I noticed the background of the hospital I was in. The walls were all blood red. My blankets and sheets were black and the hospital I was wearing was like a black and red lava suit. I wasn’t exactly sure where I was but I know it was extremely hot.

“oh good, you’re awake. Could you come with me please?” A nurse asked. I was frightened to leave the safety of my hospital bed. I got out of the bed and stepped on something that felt gooey and hot. I looked down to see lava down below my feet. I jumped back up onto the bed and yelped out in fear.

Vlad and Caesar both came running at the noise of my yelp. I looked at them both and they both laughed.

“Danny you don’t need to be afraid of the floor. It’s lava yes but it can’y hurt you or any of us. It’s for decoration.” I slowly put my foot back down on the floor. As soon as my foot touched the floor it became comfortable like a rug.

I walked out of the room and towards the nurse that didn’t bother to see if I had been following or not. I caught up to her as she entered a large room.

“Master, your daughter has awaken.” The nurse said and walked right out of the room without another word. A large chair that I hadn’t even noticed turned and there in the chair sat a man wearing a black and red suit. He had slick black hair, with just a touch of grey on the sides. This man was my dad, Satan.

“Danielle! How are you my darling. You have been out for a long time. Actually you have been asleep for about three or four weeks.” My eyes widened.

“Three or four weeks!?” I gasped. I didn’t know I could sleep that long. I walked towards my dad.


“Dad why did you send me to live with that awful women. She was an awful drunk. She always mistreated me you could’ve at least told me you were Satan. I mean honestly?” I looked at him. He had a face that said “You’re really asking me this already?”

“I had to send you to her. If I hadn’t then the pelztiers could have smelled you down and killed you. All the smell of the alcohol? They wouldn’t have found you if you were within 100 miles from that women.” We both laughed.

“So dad, you’re actually Satan? God of all that is evil?”

“Yes, yes I am.” He said with a smile on his face. Well that does explains why I seem so evil all the time.

My dad and I talked for awhile until I had to leave. He needed to get back to being evil and what not. He called one of the nurses and told them to take me to my room.


The nurse came back and escorted me to my room. When I opened my bedroom door I have to admit, I was surprised at what I saw. Flowers everywhere. Pink, yellow, orange. Oh no this has to change. My father of all evil, thought that I liked this kind of stuff. No way.

I sat down on the bed and thought to myself. Okay if I’m the daughter of a God, then I must be able to use powers. My forehead scrunched up as I imagined my dream room.

Black tables, red couches, dark blue bed spreads, purple frames. Everything that I love. After imagining for awhile, I opened my eyes to find my dream bedroom really was all around me. I walked over to one of the night stands and found the black roses Vlad had given me in a nice red vase.

I walked back into my dad’s office.

“Hey dad, could I ask you a question?” He turned around, what looked like cream filling from a twinkie sticking to his goatee.

“Yeah, sure, what is it?” He said wiping the cream from his chin.

“Were you the one who sent me this saying thing on my arm?” He smiled a little grin.

“How could you tell?” He said. I smiled and gave him a hug.

“Dad, if you knew this saying would kill all of the pelztier, why didn’t you just do it?”

“Danny, do you remember when that white light came from your eyes and mouth?” I tried hard to remember, luckily I did.

“Yeah why?”

“Well that white light was Julie, she was dead yes, but she wasn’t gone. The reason I didn’t use the spell is because I didn’t have enough power. You and Julie combined, that power is more power than me and Julie’s dad has put together. You two were destined to kill them all.”

“Wait are you saying that Julie is here somewhere?” He looked over at me with a smile. I smiled back and gave him one more hug before running out the door.

“Julie?! Julie are here?!” I screamed running up and down the hallways. Julie walked out from behind a corner and I ran into her.

“Hey watch where your going you creeper...” She trailed off after noticing who the creeper really was.

“Danny!” She screamed. We both started crying and we held each other.

Julie and I walked back to my room. Caesar and Vlad were waiting for us there.

“Julie!” Caesar yelled as he grabbed Julie in a big bear hug. I ran to Vlad and kissed him on the cheek.

“Hey!” They all looked over at me.

“I have one more question. Caesar how did you know what I was thinking when we were back in the girls bathroom? “

“Well you know how we were sent her to protect you two? Well we have mystical powers. So we can do just about anything. You can too.”

“Have you tried to fly yet?” Vlad said sarcastically to me.

“Actually I have.” I said with a grin on my face. I slowly rose up off the ground. I went back down and we all started laughing.


The author's comments:
This piece took me two days to right. I got the inspiration from J_punzle27 :D thank you J! you the bestest