Switch of Dreamy Horror | Teen Ink

Switch of Dreamy Horror

February 16, 2012
By Lafar SILVER, Paoli, Pennsylvania
Lafar SILVER, Paoli, Pennsylvania
9 articles 0 photos 11 comments

Favorite Quote:
It's okay to get an F. But in the greater scheme of things, nobody cares, especially when you get an ‘F’ in something that’s not reflected in the work you want to do.


You are bored. You are fiddling around with your pen, when you hear a “thonk” on the window of your house. When you look outside, the moon is a pale sickly color, warning you of danger. Nevertheless, you keep on looking. You see your mom and dad wandering out of the house. Across the street, you spot a person, wearing a humongous coat, and walking with a limp. Suddenly, the person walks toward your parents holding something out. You gasp in horror as you realize that the something is a gun. The stranger pulls the trigger. BAM! You see your mother clutching her stomach falling to the ground. Your dad rushes to the man throwing a right haymaker. The stranger sidesteps your dad, and whips out a knife. Your dad falls to the ground, blood spilling out of his neck. You hand trembles as it reaches the phone. You glance outside, the stranger is gone. You hear the door creaking open, accompanied by the dreadful sound of “Beep! You have no battery left! Please recharge your phone as soon as possible! Goodbye!” You throw the phone at the door, and hear the stranger creep up the steps. Each step announcing your death, craving your death waiting until the stranger finishes you. You slide under the bed, trying to prepare yourself for your death. The stranger heads towards your mom and dad’s room, ignoring you. Maybe he hasn’t discovered you; maybe he is just saving you for last, to twist your fingers, slowly killing you off, for some revenge, some fault of your now deceased parents. You hear him stealing you mother’s fifty year old pearl necklace. He shuffles over to your room. You dive under the bed, making no sound at all. The stranger throws something on the ground, and leaves. You creep out from under the bed, and see that the object is a bomb, made up of many wires and liquids all ticking away counting your death. Topping it all off, a display shows ten seconds of time. The bomb is too heavy to move, it seems as if it was heavy for that purpose. You throw yourself on top of it, and as the timer reaches zero seconds, your eyes spot an off switch. You wake up, realizing that was a dream. You look around your room, to reassure yourself that you are in real life. You look on the ground; you let out a breath, realizing that there is no bomb. Until you hear a gunshot.

The author's comments:
You never know if it is a dream, or....