What Happened | Teen Ink

What Happened

By Alexis Sharkey BRONZE, Bellevue, Nebraska
Alexis Sharkey BRONZE, Bellevue, Nebraska

I was running through the field without a care in the world, but little did I know that the world around me was going to change. I could hear my dog running behind me trying to follow and keep watch of me. Every now and then I would look behind me to see if she was still following me. Laughing, I fell to the ground, and looked up at the sky, I was amazed to see the light blue changing to a dark grey color. I sat up quickly alarmed at what I was seeing, and looked over to see my dog. My dog was close to the ground looking up at the sky and growling. I jumped up from lying on the ground and ran towards her, pulling her collar making her run with me towards our small house. We ran all the way down the huge hillside, I was slipping and trying not to fall down. My dog would run about 20 feet in front of me then wait until I got closer to her so she could lead me down the side. We had finally made it down the huge hillside after about 30 minutes; we were both panting and almost had no will to keep running along to our house. I finally saw the house though; it was about 10 feet away from us. I pushed myself and kept saying I would make it and then everything would be all right.

on Mar. 9 2012 at 10:32 am
Thank you, this is my third or so draft of this one. I am making like a whole story out of this. I guess in a way this like me making chapters or something. Your comment should help me a lot(:

on Feb. 24 2012 at 8:32 am
AndriaGromley SILVER, Hillsdale, Pennsylvania

Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn’t there
He wasn’t there again today
I wish, I wish he’d go away...

This was an interesting piece, but you need to break it up into paragraphs and add more... You didn't tell what happened to the girl and her dog and what the thing in the sky was. But you're getting there. :))