The Adventures of Alex and Bethany: Book one: Witch Training: Chapter 3 | Teen Ink

The Adventures of Alex and Bethany: Book one: Witch Training: Chapter 3

By Shi23244 SILVER, Thermopolis, Wyoming
Shi23244 SILVER, Thermopolis, Wyoming

True Friends are like the sun, they always shine

The High School Life

Bethany

I just woke up from a very short sleep.
“Come on, Bethany,” yelled my mother.”You don’t want to be late for school!”
When I heard her mother, I realized that I had to go to school as if I were Alex.

“I can’t believe you forgot your locker combination, Alex!” the lady said. “This is not like you.”
“I’m sorry, Mrs. Whitener.” I replied. “I’ll make sure I remember next time.”
“Here, I just printed off your entire schedule.” Mrs. Whitener said, handing Bethany the paper. “It even has your power-school login and password information.”
“Thank you,” I said as she left the office.
“Alex, where were you yesterday?” A bouncy teenage girl with frizzy black hair blurted. “Oh, my God. You would not believe the humungo zit i had on my chin this morning! It, like, wouldn’t go away no matter how much proactive cream I put on it! I swear its going to be permanent and leave a huge ugly scar that will ruin all my chances of dating him!”
“You look fine.” I said hesitantly to the fidgety girl that was scratching her armpit beside her. She looked rather like a chimpanzee that had gotten a hold of a curling iron and dropped it in a bathtub full of water.
“Sorry. It itches. I cut it last night when I was shaving and I swear that my deodorant is, like, growing nuclear waste in there or something. It’s horrible. I tried putting anti-itch cream on it and that only made it sting worse!”
I stared at her, astonished at the brutality of the conversation.
“Well, you look like you don’t even remember me, and I’m your best friend, Alex!” The monkey-girl barked at Bethany. “Well there is the rest of our friends, I’ll see you later.”
The girl left. I looked at the pictures and phone numbers Alex had sent her just before she disappeared. She tried to find the picture of this girl.
“Emily, my best friend.” I told herself ad she walked down the sophomore hallway. “Locker number ‘259’. Combo ‘13,30,43’”
When she arrived at Alex’s locker, she put in the combo and opened the locker. On the inside of the door, there was a mini whiteboard with all of her homework. The list said ‘geometry, English paper,and a science study guide.’ They were all due today.
“Alex is pretty organized” I said as she looked through Alex’s folders. “Hopefully I can keep up with the teacher’s standards for Alex.”
She got all the stuff she would need for Alex’s classes and started to explore the high school campus.

“Today is going to be confusing since I'm not Alex.” I told myself as I was walking to Alex’s first class.
Beep. Beep. My phone went off. I got my phone out and read the text that came to me.

“Bethany, I’m coming to school, so be prepared” my mom sent me.
Five minutes past, then I got called to the office.
When I arrived in the office, I noticed that my mom was sitting in a chair next to the door.
“Are you ready, Alex.” Mom said.
“Yeah” I said.
We left the school and walked towards mom’s car.
“Where are we going?” I asked.

“We are going to the store” she said. “Get in.”
I got in the car and we drove to walmart.

“Why are we here?” I asked.

“The man is here” she replied.

“You mean...” I started to say.

“Yes” she said.
When mom and I got out the car, she told me that when we got into the store I was to go to the clothing department.
We entered the store and we parted ways.
I was looking in the clothing department for about half an hour, when mom finally returned to me.
“He wants to talk to you.” she said.
“What if I don’t want to?” I replied
“He’ll make you.” Mom replied. “You remember how he was, right?”
“Fine.” I said as mom took me to where he was.

“What do you want?” I said in a rude tone as I walked towards me.
“I have to tell you something” He said. “But alone”
My mom left and he went on.
“So, what is it?” I asked trying to be polite.
“Sorry for wanting to see you.” he said in reply. “I haven’t seen you since..”
“You told me to go with Alex.” I said as I interrupted him. “Where is she anyway?”
“I’m not gonna tell you.” He replied “and if you do I won’t tell you.”
“Then I’ll just find her myself.” I murmured.
“You can’t she is in a secret location.” He replied. “Only the founder and I can find her.”
“Is the founder Mr. West?” I asked.
“No, this is all I’m going to say on this subject.” He told me
“What was that you wanted to tell me?” I asked .
After he told me, I went out in search of my mother., and he went back to where Alex was.

As soon as I found mom, I asked her a question.
“Can you help out with something?” I asked.
“Sure, what is it?” She replied.
“It has to do with Alex.” I warned her.
“Okay.” She said. “Go ahead.”
“Can you help me find her?” I asked.
“I’m not so sure that is a great idea.” Mom replied. “You’re doing fine without her.”
“I’m worried about her.” I said.
“You don’t have to be” mom said.
“Well I am.” I replied.
“I’m going to agree this one time.” Mom said “but I still think this isn’t a great idea .”
“Thanks mom.” I said as I hugged her.

THis is the next chapter in the Adventures of Alex and Bethany. This Chapter is a Bethany Chapter