Revenge Is Sweet When Simmered This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.

I throw my head back and laugh a merciless laugh. The sound is rich, gurgling up from my throat, to penetrate the frigid night air. I cast a glance at my prey, helpless at my feet. The young child is curled up in a ball, whimpering and rocking herself. I roll my eyes as I pull the dagger my own papa gave me before he was cruelly murdered. The handle, carved of pearl, shines in the darkness as the blade glints in the moonlight. I kneel by the child and harshly grab her arm. Pulling her perfect, white, unmarked arm to me I push the knife into her perfect, noble flesh. I carve into her arm, ignoring her pleas and cries of distress, just like her father ignored mine when he murdered my father. I lick my teeth as I work, silently carving the message into his sweet daughters flesh, marking the noble princess. Revenge is sweet when simmered for years.

AndriaStar said...
Great! Loved it! It was so short, but yet, I could hear the girl screaming... Keep up the good work!

bandgeek2011 replied...
Thank you, that means a lot:)