Bad Day at School

The sirens are blaring in my fragile ears while terrified students are screaming and racing aimlessly down the packed hallways. I can hear people's footsteps smashing onto the cold, dark concrete floor like the ferocious drum beats at a giant rock and roll concert. I can hear the wind violently whip by as it tosses my brown hair back and forth. I peer out a nearby window and see a menacing dark twister bearing down on our tiny defenseless school. A terrifying thought, which has been slowly forming, finally hits me: I am going to die today!

I just stand there frozen in place, gazing at the last things I'll see before I die: Overturned desks, books soaring through the air, and people with horror-struck expressions glued to their faces. Suddenly the window shatters behind me, sending deadly shards of gleaming glass across the room. I look down at the backs of my arms and see violet red blood streaming down to the floor. I panic and join the mad herd of students tearing through the hallway. The lights overhead are flashing on and off like giant eruptions of lightning in a thunderstorm. As I run toward the stairs, I hear the deafening crash of the walls behind me, toppling over like dominoes and silencing my classmates screams.

Real_life_Love said...
Very deep and vivid, I went to where you were nice job! :)

JoPepper said...
May 5, 2012 at 10:29 am
Great job with the imagery, to me felt more like a poem than a story. But great job!!!

eternal_sunshine said...
Wow, this was so vivid. It really put me into the scene! The imagery was amazing, and the last line was so strong. It really left a haunting impact. Beautiful job on such a dark subject.

MrLee66 said...
Your use of language was very vivid and I could feel your emotions.

Taconut7 replied...
Thanks! That was what I was trying to do