Fear of Religion | Teen Ink

Fear of Religion

December 2, 2011
By LRSibio BRONZE, Sunrise, Florida
LRSibio BRONZE, Sunrise, Florida
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always gotten."


Everyone has that fear. That fear of not being accepted. That could mean so many different things depending on how you look at it. For example, a child might have a fear of not being accepted by their peers. A teenage student might have a fear of not getting accepted into college. An adult might have a fear of not being accepted in society or their child not being accepted in society. That underlying fear of not being wanted by others is inside everyone even if they don’t show it. The fear is there, but why is it there? Why would one human being not accept another human being in this society? It is just plain wrong to deny someone a full life because of how they look, think or act, but it is even more wrong to not accept someone because of how they worship.
All around the world there are numerous religions that are present in today’s society, but there are about twenty-one major world religions. That means most people in the world fall into one of those twenty-one religions. Although there are those major religions present, about one billion people in the world don’t practice any religion at all. Why is that? Is it because they just don’t want to be involved in any religion or are they scared of not being accepted? Intolerance of other people’s religions is inappropriate, everyone is different and once people learn to accept other people’s religions, the world will be a better place.

The author's comments:
Portfolio for my creative writing class. Topic: Religion