Zombie Story | Teen Ink

Zombie Story

January 6, 2012
By alliyiah duncan BRONZE, Ocala, Florida
alliyiah duncan BRONZE, Ocala, Florida
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

I had just walked out side and the sun beamed down directly into my face.As my face was wrinkled from looking into the sky I heard a terrible sound that broke all the peace and silence.

"Oww. Someone please help me!", the lady yelled.

She had come from around the corner of the store that I lived in front of.She limped into the middle of the road.She kept screaming and looking around as if super man was on his way to come save her.

She was barefoot, her pants were muddy, and her shirt was torn half way off of her.Well that’s what it looked like to me.

I ran into the where she was.She looked even worse up close.Her face was candy apple red and she was dirty all over like she had been dragged through the mud.

I asked her, "How could I help you?", "What do you want me to do?".

She started to reply to me but she was interrupted.

"Ahrh..ahrh."

I looked up a man stumbled towards us from where the lady had came from. As if he had followed her.

I started to ask him if he was ok but before I could say anything the lady burst out with a loud scream.


"That’s the monster who tried to kill me," she told me.She staggered into the safety of my driveway behind my mom's car.

I walked towards the guy and started screaming at him,

"Get out of here you no good animal!"

He smiled and stared to run towards me, but the closer he got the more demonic and abnormal he looked.

I started backing up, but it was like my moves were pointless because he already knew them.The closer he got the more I could smell him, which he smelled like he had been living in garbage.

I screamed to the lady in my driveway.

"What is this thing?"

"A mummy, zombie, something like that." "Whatever it is it's strong.He picked me up by the throat and slammed me repeatedly", the lady told me.

A zombie? So it was all real.The zombie brake out that was on the news was true, I thought to myself.I couldn’t imagine how bad thing could get.Or could have already gotten.

I asked the lady,

"who else you know is infected?". I got no response.Still trying to avoid contact with the smelly creature, I looked up to my driveway and I saw zombies feasting on the lady's body.

I started running towards the store for help, but when I got there no one was in there. I soon thought the worst. So I got behind the counter for safety. I waited expecting to hear rampage coming into the store after me.I heard nothing.

A few minutes later I got what I was expected. I heard a big crash, he had tore the door off of the hinges of the store.The woman didn’t lie, he was strong, but she hadn't explained to me exactly how strong he was.

I didn’t get up to see. I sat there hoping he wouldn’t find me behind the car. Then I noticed, I couldn’t just sit there. So I peeked my head out from under the counter, but I saw nothing. I didn’t see him or anybody else.

So I stood up, and walked from behind the counter cautiously, and walked slowly to the door. I tried to peek outside to see if anyone was out there, but before I knew it I had been pulled out the store before I could walk out on my own. It felt as if someone yanked my soul out of my body.

I felt someone or something hit me on the top of my head, and down I went. I saw the pretty blue sky, but only for a few seconds. Then I saw a whole bunch of ugly faces smiling over me.

Then I felt sharp pains. The zombies had started ripping me limb from limb. I cried out in pain but the suffering was soon over.

I bleed out and died.