What a Boring Day | Teen Ink

What a Boring Day

By ZenAziku BRONZE, Dixon, Illinois
ZenAziku BRONZE, Dixon, Illinois

It was dark. Nothing to be seen to the left. Nothing to be seen to the right. The smell of death was in the air. I walked out into the open street blood on my shoes, drawing out a trail. I turned a few corners and stopped in front of a closed window. No one was watching but there were plenty following. I looked around the empty street. No one was around. No cars, no people, just quiet. I picked up a rock, the size of my fist, and launched it at the window. It broke through with a crash and the sound of breaking glass. I quickly took off my shoes and ran. As I sprinted down the streets staying in the shadows I heard sirens and saw lights flicking on from the houses. I looked up to see a man standing just ahead of me. Waiting for me. No time to take a chance. I held my shoes in one hand and pulled out my knife. As I passed I quickly stabbed his heart and kept on running. The ground was sharp against my feet but I kept going ready for anything. I turned into an alley and waited. No one came by. 1...2...3. I jumped onto the garbage can I was sitting next to. The dog seemed surprised. I sank my knife into his head. What a boring day.