Horror Story | Teen Ink

Horror Story

John woke up in an empty room with no windows. The only thing in there was his bed. He didn’t remember anything. He had absolutely no idea how he ended up in this room. He was absolutely fine with it for the first 2 hours. Then he got restless and impatient. Little did he know he was a subject of an experiment testing to see how long it would take the average person to go insane when subjected to continuous solitary confinement. He decided to go to sleep to try to calm his mind. He woke up the next morning still in the empty room. He was very agitated and decided to lay down to recollect his thoughts.

What he didn’t know was he was being observed and recorded by numerous scientists and police chiefs. They were going to use the data gathered from John to use when putting other patients in solitary confinement, to keep them from going over the edge and losing their sanity.

John woke up several hours after his nap. He kept asking himself “Why am I in here?! What did I do to deserve this?!” over and over. He was at the boiling point now, adrenaline rushed through his veins, and his heart pounded like a drum. He finally snapped. He yelled at the top of his lungs “LET ME OUT OF HERE!!!” and started to smash and break everything he could. The officers who were observing him rushed into the room with a tranquilizer gun and shot him with a dart. They brought him to a cushioned room and left him there. They had their data. John woke up in the room, not phased at all. He didn’t care anymore. He was relaxed, and decided to sing his favorite song “Ring Around the Rosie”. He softly began to sing, and continued singing until his death…